Chapter ThirtySix- Haunting Memories

“Bailey?  What are you doing here?” I asked as my whole body tensed.  Shit.  She was not meant to be here.  I thought she finally managed to leave me alone.

“Just come out to see things” she smiled smugly at me as she glanced around my backyard, “See you haven’t taken any of my suggestions on board?” she asked as she looked me up and down before chuckling to herself

“No thanks, I wouldn't want to resemble whatever you like to classify yourself these days” I stated bitchily

She looked at me, taken back by my calm facade.

“I didn't want you to look like me, just look better than that shit you wear and do now.  Honestly a little self pride doesn't go astray” she smirked again

“Annabelle is beautiful, she doesn't need to slut it up to get guys attention.” Zayn stated bluntly, his grip around my waist tightening.

I looked up at him smiling before glancing back at Bailey, her peroxide blonde hair straightened, falling just past her shoulders.  Her hair falling at places all around her face which didn't leave a spot without makeup.  The substantial orangey cream splodge foundation was the look she had going on, with the black thick eye makeup; lets just say Bailey wasn't one to rely on ‘natural beauty’.  The shorts she wore resembled underwear and the top was what I classified a sports bra.  The smug look on her face vanished as she looked up at Zayn.  Shock took over her emotions as she used her last resort to win this little fight.

“Maybe I feel comfortable revealing my body, and by the looks of it” she said nodding her head towards me smirking, “She doesn't.  And its a good thing she doesn't.  Can you imagine that walking around in something like this?  Please we wouldn't want to scar people with such a horrid sight”

I looked down at the floor.  Tears threatening to spill at any moment.  Everyone at school was aware of my self conscious streak back in high school.  They knew the extremes I went to, they knew how far I pushed myself due to the comments coming from the girl standing right in front of me.  I was never fat, in all honesty I was one of the skinniest.  But I didn't have to wear makeup, and boys still wanted me.  bailey didn't like this, and that is when the torment began.  Ever since 8th grade.

“Maybe you should resort to the old methods to regain that body again Annie?  Lets just hope no one intervenes this time” she said before walking away and out of my yard.  The tears broke and I fell onto my knees, covering my face with my hands.

Everything I tried to forget.  Everything lana helped me through.  Everything I’ve been through.  Everything came back to me, hit me like a ton of bricks.  Zayn dropped to the floor wrapping his arms around me and lifting me back up and pulling me into his chest.

“Shh Belle you know it isn't true.... Belle you are beautiful, you know you are.... You are amazing you are perfect, she is lying, that was a load of bull shit... Stop crying babe you're beautiful” he hushed rubbing circles on my back.

I swallowed and looked back up into his big brown watery eyes.  I forced a smiled and wiped my eyes.