Chapter Fifteen- The Phone Call

Zayn’s POV.

It has been two days since we found the bottle of chloroform.  Two days have passed since we haven’t seen Annabelle.  Two days have passed since I smiled or laughed with the boys I called my brothers.  Two days have passed, yet it feels like a lifetime.

There has been no contact between us and the kidnapper, of whom we assume to be Tyler.  It has to be him.  No-one else would do this.  I can picture the smug look on his face.  He makes me sick, people like him make me sick, this whole thing makes me sick. 

I'm not the only one that’s a mess though.  Louis has hardly spoken a word to anyone, and only a few sentences to Eleanor.  He hasn’t shaved, he hasn’t slept, and I don’t think he’s eaten either.  Just sitting at the table with a map of the city, trying to pinpoint places to search. 

Harry hasn’t smiled.  He hasn’t done anything except sleep and worry.  The frown and worry lines haven’t left his forehead.  Seeing your bestfriend in the state that Louis’ in must me heartbreaking.  Emily comes over a lot; she puts him at ease as he hugs her.

Niall can’t eat.  Yes that’s right; THE Niall Horan has had trouble eating anything since we found out about Annabelle.  Not to say he hasn’t eaten a thing, because c’mon its Niall were talking about it, the number has just lessened greatly.  He goes out of a day with Harry searching in small dingy places, looking out for any signs of Tyler or Annabelle.  Nothing yet.

Liam has been with Danielle a lot lately.  Not talking much, but just with her, she comforts him.  He makes phone calls and talks to our manager asking for more time off.  But we know that soon we have to head back to the X-Factor house soon.

Charlotte was the worst of us all.  She was becoming sickly thin with the lack of food she ate.  She was so worried and stressed.  She cried all the time.  She couldn’t do anything but cry and clean.  It was her way of venting she had said.  Her beautiful features becoming bony and lost in her world of depression.  Her blonde hair remained in a messy bun, her skinny jeans and heels replaced by tracksuit pants and Ugg boots.  She was hurting the most.

Today was Saturday.  She had only arrived in England on Monday, and yet everything had changed.  I've never felt this way about a girl before, never.  She gave me butterflies whenever I was near her.  Whenever we touched I lost track of time.  I just wanted to call her mine.   There was no way I was losing her forever before I could do so.  We sat around the lounge room at Lou’s when Liam broke the silence.

“I think it’s time we called Walter, Lou, or the police.  We can’t keep trying to face this by ourselves”

“No” was all Louis said, he didn't look up from his hands as he leant forward on his knees.  Eleanor rubbed circles on his back and tried to reason with him.

“Lou, what if she’s hurt?” Eleanor said.  Those 4 words hit me like bullets.  What if she’s already hurt?  What if he’s hit her again?

“I'm not bringing this on Walter and my mum, Annabelle is okay.  She has to be” Louis whispered

“Louis lets at least call my mum.  She deserves to know” Charlotte spoke up.  Nobody’s heard her voice for days.

“No.  It’s my fault she’s in this mess.  It’s my problem to fix.  I don’t want to burden anyone else” Louis said angrily

Charlotte got up to speak when the home phone rang.

“Hello?” Liam answered.....“Who are you?”.....“Why are you doing this?”  His voice got louder and angrier the more he spoke....“LET ME TALK TO HER... IF YOU TOUCH HER I SWEAR”....“How can you hear us?” Liam’s angry expression turned to one of fear.  He put his finger up to his lips as he put the phone on loudspeaker and placed it on the coffee table in front of us all....”Okay talk”

“Now now Liam, you wouldn’t want your attitude to be the cause for little Annabelle's... Tragic death would you?” the voice snarled, as if this was a huge joke to him

“What do you want from us?” Louis asked into the phone

“I want to get my revenge from the little injuries you caused my son the other week”

“What do you want us to do? We’ll do anything just don’t hurt her!” I finally spoke, my voice uneven due to worry.

“Hmmm... Looks like lover boy wants her to be safe?  Well it might already be too late for that, mightn’t it Tyler?” the voice mocked

“Let us speak to her, just hear her voice to know she’s okay!” Charlotte sobbed

“Hmm... Okay” the voice grew distant... “Ow, Let go of me AHHHHHH” the voice of Belle screamed.

“DON’T YOU DARE HURT HER” Louis yelled into the phone

“Say hello Annie dearest” Tyler's father said again... “Don’t do what he says, don’t listen to him, WHERE AT THE DANU-“her sentence was cut short by a loud slap.  He had slapped her... “YOU STUPID BITCH WHAT DID WE TELL YOU!!” the voice of Tyler yelled

“YOU’RE GOING TO DIE!  I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!” Louis screamed

“Well, we’ll see if there’s something worth killing me for later.  Stick by her phone and await the messages.  Do what we say and we won’t kill her.  We can hear and see everything you do and say.  So don’t even try to call anyone else.  If the police are contacted, then that might of just been the last time you heard your precious little Bellesy”

And that was it.  They hung up.

Everyone broke into sobs.  Louis’ anger was brought to an intense level.  He wanted to rip Tyler, and his dad’s throat out.  As did I.  I stood up and walked out the front door and I stood in the middle of the street.  Louis came after me.

“What are you do-“he started but I interrupted him

“They’ve bugged the houses so we can’t talk in there.  We now know its Tyler and his dad.  We know that Annabelle is alive.  And we know where they are” I said and I watched Louis’ face light up.

“We don’t know where they are, they stopped her from saying it.”

“Whats the only hotel in Doncaster that starts with The Danu?” I said a smirk coming across my face.  Louis facial expression changed into one of hope when everything clicked.

“The Danum Hotel!” He whispered

“Let’s go!”

(A/N Intense I know!  But it will all be resolved within the next few chapters... Hey look! There’s a comment, vote and fan button :O ! ahaha Thank you for reading my carrots, and there is a lot more to come :))