Chapter TwentySix- Lies

Zayn’s POV

I looked down at the magazine again.  Shit how did they get that photo? ARGHH I'm such an idiot!  I picked up the magazine and threw it at the door as hard as I could.  I told Belle I loved her and now I go and mess it all up.  She must hate me.   Louis must hate me.  Louis?  SHIT HES GONNA KILL ME!  I heard noises coming from outside the kitchen so I wandered over and opened the door.  Speak of the devil.

“Hey Zayn” he said once he saw me walk into the hallway.  I smiled at him and nodded as he smiled up then looked back down at his phone.  He’s on twitter I see.  He mustn’t have seen the photo yet, I just needed to get it out of the house before anyone else could.

“Oh Zayn could you chuck us the Celeb UK magazine that was on the kitchen bench please?” Louis asked looking inventively down at his phone

“Ughhh... Why?” I asked trying not to act suspicious

“Oh just some fans are asking me to explain the photo on page 7... Could you go get it for me I'm too tired to get up...? I just had to drop Harry at Ems”

“Uh, okay” I said as I reluctantly made my way over to the kitchen to grab the magazine that may just end my life, “...Here you are Lou... Um I'm going to go for a walk while you cool down”

“Cool down what?”  I heard him say as I slip out the front door and started to slowly jog away from the house.  It only took about 10 seconds for a scream of anger to shoot through the street.  I turned around to see a very angry Louis running on a mission in one direction.  Mine.

I turned back around and ran for my life!

-----------------------------

Belle’s POV

I trusted him.  I thought he loved me.  I thought I loved him.  It was all a lie.

I saw the magazine on the table so I started to flick through the pages while eating the carrot platter Louis had put in the fridge.  When I reached that page.  The page that had the photo of Zayn hooking up with a girl on it.  The photo of Zayn at the club last night with that girl.  Leaving the club with that same girl.  And the headline read “Zayn Malik’s new girlfriend?”.  And that is when I realised; that girl wasn’t me.

 Louis warned me not to get too attached to him.  He told me to watch out.  But again I ignored his warnings and I went for it.  And yet again I am left broken.  Just not physically this time, although the pain of being punched in the heart is just as bad as all the punches Tyler gave me.

After an hour of crying into my pillow I heard noises from downstairs.  I slowly walked over to my window to  see Louis walking back onto the driveway shouting incoherent things behind him.  I glanced more to the side to see Zayn standing there clutching at his face.  He moved his hand to show his bleeding nose and bruised eye.

“YOU TOLD ME TO TRUST YOU! YOU TOLD ME YOU WOULDNT HURT HER!  LOOKS LIKE ALL YOUR PROMISES MEAN NOTHING!” Louis yelled before stopping and turning to face Zayn.  “What on earth do you have to have to say for yourself?”

“I... I didn't know what I was doing.  It didn't mean anything” Zayn said looking up at Louis’ eyes.  I couldn’t help but flinch at the hint of hurt in his voice.

“That’s a sad excuse and you know it” Louis spat out

“I'm sorry Lou!  I love her I really do!”

“Bullshit”

“LOUIS WHY CANT YOU JUST LEAVE IT ALONE!  I SAID I’M SORRY AND IT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING! I LOVE BELLE!”

“If you loved belle you wouldn’t have kissed that slut!”

“Hey she is not a slut!”

“Oh so now were defending the slut” Louis said mockingly

“Just.  Fucking.  Drop.  It” Zayn said through clenched teeth

“Or what Zayn?”

And before Louis had time to duck Zayn had punched him right in the face.  That was it.  Louis jumped back at Zayn and tried to push him down the driveway.  I couldn’t take it anymore.

“JUST STOP FIGHTING YOU TWO!” I screamed in desperation.  The two boys just stopped what they were doing and looked up at me.  Louis’ eyes full of concern.  Zayn’s of guilt.

“Just stop fighting” I almost whispered, as a stray tear fell down my face.

“Belle I'm... I'm so sorry.  Please let me explain” Zayn asked

“Zayn I’d rather just be alone for a few hours” I said looking down

“Please Belle... Just let me explain” He said, his voice cracking as his eyes started to water

“She said no Zayn” Louis said harshly giving Zayn a hard stare.  Then Zayn’s expression changed.  His turned to one of anger; his eyes went from showing compassion, to showing no emotion.

“Whatever.  She’s not worth my time anymore” He said bitterly.  My breath hitched, my eyes glazed over.  They boy that said he loved me, the one that sat by my hospital bed for days on end.  Suddenly says I'm not worth his time.

“You said you loved me?” I asked looking down as my eyes couldn’t restrain the tears any longer.

“Yeah well I guess that’s when I thought you’d be worth my time” He stated looking straight back at me with a casual expression now on his face.

“What were you expecting out of me?” I asked

“Belle I'm 17 and horny as all hell.  If I have to say things I don’t mean then so be it” He said shrugging his shoulders before looking up at me one last time.  Then he disappeared from the drive way and walked off back down the street.

Louis’ face was filled with unreadable anger.  He stormed into the house and slammed the door.

This was it.  I was officially broken. 

I was used, neglected and now I'm standing here on my balcony feeling completely, and utterly alone.