Clubbing

On our way home from star bucks Jay and I were stopped by a group of fans. I just smiled and stepped away as Jay took pictures, signed autographs. I laughed when he got asked to snog and had to slyly deny due to the fact that he had someone...sorta. I feel a tug on my shoulder. I turn to see the fan from the other night standing there. 'Oh shit'

Fan: "Oh, look who it is. The Whore of The Wanted. You look gross as usual, where's Nathan?"

I look around to see that everything has gone quiet. I quickly glance at Jay. He gives me a reassuring look and I shoot him a quick smile. I look back at the fan and take her in. She's about my height, fake blonde hair, fake orange tan, and a shirt with Nathan's face on it. I get an idea after looking at her shirt.

Me: "Oh right Nathan, your man right? (insert nod) Right, well you know him better than anyone. Why don't you tell me where he is? Or better yet tell me, why he was bullied when he was younger?"

The fans face falls after I ask her something she doesn't know. I gain some confidence and take a small step forward. She backs away a step, trying to form words.

Me: "Oh that's right, you don't know that. You don't know him at all. Why don't you just stop while you're ahead. Obviously, you're just a fan of him. You do realize that the band consists of more than just your imaginary boyfriend right? Because if you don't, then you don't deserve to wear that shirt. Or have anything to do with him. Oh and if you step up to me like that again, watch out. Next time, I'll beat your ass. American style."

I glare at her as I swiftly move over to Jay. The crowd of fans part, like the sea from the tale of Moses. I walk through the crowd with my head held high. Proud of my accomplishment I just achieved. I look through my hooded eyes to see Jay's expression. Surprise is written all over his face. I can't help but hint a smile.

I finally make it over to him, slinking my arm around his waist. He then slowly puts his arm around my shoulder. I smile up at him. Jay smiles back and we start our short walk home. I hear the fans screaming obscene things at us. Only one stands out.

Fan: "Wait till Nathan hears about this."

*****************************************************************************************************************

The walk home took a bit longer then it should have. On the way home we ran into another group of fans, that insisted Jay take pictures with every single one of them. I of course, stand to the side. I take pictures when asked. I also occasionally get asked for my picture. 

After about twenty or so minutes of picture taking and autograph signing, we finally get to head home. Jay and I walk about arms length apart from each other. From the previous encounter with fans, we found it better to stand a good ways away from each other. 

We also had to take some different route, because Jay got lost. 

Jay: "Of course I know where I am."

Jay grumbled as we walked along an unknown side walk. I do my usual and survey the area. I see shabby old buildings crumbling under their own weight. I see birds fly to and fro the crumbling houses, feeding their young. Making families. Living their lives to the fullest.

*****************************************************************************************************************

After about an hour we finally find our way back to the right sidewalk. We walk quickly up to the door. Right through the screaming fans that try to get our attention. Before we have time to make it to the door, it flings open with three worried faces looking at us. Max rushes out, quickly grabbing me. I get pulled into a hug, then into the house. The door slams as I pull away from Max.