New Friend

Nathans POV

Rebbeca: "Oh, so that's it you don't know? You're not even going to defend your little sister Max? That's great of you, thank you. All of you! Good thing to know you all think of my as a dirty ass whore. I'm gone." 

I finally look at everyone and see that no one is going to try and stop her. I slowly start to get up and turn my attention back to Max. He stares after her, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes.

Rebbeca: "Oh yeah and now I'm going to be an attention seeking whore and say FUCK YOU."

At that I rush from the table to go follow her. I turn quickly and run into a waitress and make her drop her plates. The glass shatters on the ground make the eery silence go away with whispers of confusion. I quickly apologize and rush to follow her out of the restaurant.

Me: "REBBECA!"

*****************************************************************************************************************

Rebbeca's POV

Me: "Damn, damn"

I grumble as I walk around realizing that I'm completely lost. I start to nervously run my hands through my long blonde hair trying to figure out what I'm going to do. A strong gust of wind blows past, making leaves and trash fly up around me. I watch it closely seeing the cyclone take shape and feel the chill sink into my bones.

Nathan: "Rebbeca, there you are. Are you alright?"

I scream at the sound of his voice and quickly turn around to fight if I have to. I realize it's Nathan and I calm down a bit. I lower my hands and feel my shoulders droop with exhaustion.

Me: "Hey Nath"

I barely manage to spit it out before I get pulled into a hug. I tense up and quickly feel myself relax as I wrap my arms around his middle. We fit together like perfect puzzle pieces. I feel him put his head on top of mine and I bury my head into his chest slowly warming up. Nathan pulls away and I reluctantly let go and wrap my arms around my body.

Nathan: "I'm sorry about that.. Oh you must be freezing, here."

He hands me his jacket and I gladly take it and wrap it around myself. I look down at the ground and so does he. We stand there awkwardly until he reaches his hand out to mine and I slowly grab his and we start walking.

Nathan: "Just so you know, we don't think that you're a slut or anything. We obviously know the truth, and the people that don't just are idiots."

I glance at him from the corner of my eye and see he's looking ahead with a look of concentration on his face. I then glance at our linked hands and realize I barely even noticed that we were still linked. 'That's weird'.

Me: "I'm sorry for acting like that. I can have a bit of a temper sometimes. I mean come on though, anyone would get angry with being called a slut."

I grumble kicking a stone with my shoe and watch it scuttle across the ground. Nathan chuckles deeply and it makes me smile. 

Me: "It's kind of surprising that you chased me to be honest. I thought Jay or Tom was going to come running."

I look at him as I await an answer. I study his face and feel myself blushing and thank god that its dark.

Nathan: "Well when no one else decided to even attempt to stop you I felt bad. I mean after everything I've done to you the last few days, I feel horrible. I should have never treated you like that and been so rude at the interview. I want to be your friend, not your enemy."