Thirty Five

A/N: Last chapter guys! You guys are totally gonna love me for this. Anyway this chapter is gonna be like the length of three chapters, so enjoy!

*A few months later to when they graduate*

Newt had graduated about a week earlier. Tommy didn't know it, but he'd flown in to see his boyfriend graduate. He'd asked Tommy's mom not to tell him, and she agreed. Now, Newt was waiting anxiously for Thomas' name to be called. There were about three more people in front of him. A man, Newt assumed was the principle, called up Thomas. Shaking slightly, Thomas walked up and shook hands with the people he was supposed to before grabbing his diploma.

Not once as the names were being called did Thomas lose his smile. It was large and basically lit up the entire room. Newt smiled slightly knowing that his grin was soon to become even larger as impossible as that seemed. The entire plan for Newt's showing had been planned before Newt got back.

After the now graduated teens were able to leave, Thomas' mom stopped to take pictures, claiming that there'd be too many people at his graduation party. Meanwhile, Newt was crammed in the backend of the car so that he was unable to be seen. About five minutes later, he heard the doors open and he heard Tommy laugh. It took everything he had not to jump up and yell, "SURPISE!"

It was about a fifteen minute drive and he heard the car stop. "Okay, Thomas, can you grab something from the back end? It should be the only thing back there," Thomas' mom asked. Tommy got out of the car and walked toward the back end. Newt held his breath until he saw light shine in.

"SURPRISE!" Newt yelled, scaring his boyfriend. Thomas nearly jumped a foot back. Quickly, Newt got out of the car and hugged Thomas. It's been months since the boys saw each other, one hug wasn't going to make up for that.

They went inside and started talking to people, not releasing their intertwined hands. Only about half an hour into it, there was a shot. It sounded like it belonged to a gun. People immediately started screaming and running out. Thomas and Newt were pushed to the back of the crowd. As they were trying to run, they felt a hand wrap around the middle of their intertwined ones.

Thomas didn't notice previously when Newt pulled out his phone.

The person who had grabbed their hands pulled them back. By now, everyone was out so it was just them and the person with the gun. Thomas noticed that it was none other than Minho.

Minho didn't hesitate to point his gun at Tommy and shot. Thomas closed his eyes, but the impact never came. Instead, he looked down and saw Newt bleeding out. After only about ten seconds, his eyes glazed over and his breathing stopped. He was dead.

Both of the living boys looked down at Newt. "Look what you've done," Minho growled. "You were supposed to be the one that's dead. But instead, it's him! He was supposed to come back to Southwark with me! We would have been a better couple. Instead, you had your stupid eyes closed and didn't stop him from jumping in front of you. You're pathetic."

Before Thomas could say anything, police officers were coming in. They immediately took Minho away. Thomas dropped next to Newt's body and hugged him. He couldn't be gone. After everything they've been through.

Paramedics came in seconds after the police. They had to pry Thomas off the now dead boy. At least he was able to go in the ambulance with them. He watched as the paramedics tried to revive Newt. No one said anything, but everyone knew that Newt was a goner. He'd lost too much blood. Tommy didn't know why the paramedics continued their work. It was pointless.

Soon they were at the hospital and the doctor pronounced him dead. Thomas screamed and yelled, trying to deny the fact that his boyfriend was dead.

Thomas stayed in the hospital for three days with Newt. His family flew in they were working on his funeral. Tommy didn't want any part of it even though everyone knew Thomas knew him best. After all, they did have nights where they just stayed up and talked. They were always there when the other person needed them. There was no denying it, even when they were thousands of miles apart they were inseparable.

When the funeral arrived, Thomas didn't pay much attention to anyone. He just stared at the casket and was up by Newt as much as possible. Thomas had to keep reminding himself that Newt was in peace now. Now he was in a better place. Someday they'll see each other again, but for now, they just had to be separated a little longer.

At the end of the funeral, Thomas checked his phone. He hadn't done that since Newt died. He noticed that he had messages from Newt before he was shot.

Newt: Hey, Tommy...

Newt: I can't believe these are the last messages I'm ever going to send you.

Newt: Just know that I mean every single word...

Newt: I love you, Tommy.

Newt: And I always will.

Newt: Whether I be dead or alive.

Newt: Yes, I knew this was going to happen...

Newt: Minho had told me that he was going to shoot you.

Newt: I pleaded for him not to.

Newt: But he refused.

Newt: You don't deserve to die.

Newt: You're so pure and have a future in front of you.

Newt: Just remember that this was my decision.

Newt: I know you'll blame yourself...

Newt: But please don't.

Newt: None of this was your fault.

Newt: People always say that there's always that one person that you'll take a bullet for.

Newt: For me, that's you.

Newt: I couldn't just stand there and watch you die.

Newt: You mean way too much to me.

Newt: I wish I would have warned you.

Newt: But you looked so happy.

Newt: I couldn't bring up the courage to ruin it.

Newt: I guess I ruined it even more, huh?

Newt: I think people are starting to get suspicious, so I'm going to end this here, Tommy.

Newt: I love you with all of my heart, Tommy.

Newt: ❤❤❤

Thomas' POV

I dropped to my knees by my bed and just cried. How could he do this? Why didn't he tell me? Did he have a reason? I guess I'll never know.

Sighing, I crawl on my bed and cry, clutching my phone, until I fall asleep.

A/N: I'm not sure why, but something is telling me to run. Anyway, that's the end of this story . . .

But wait, there's a sequel that will be up probably tomorrow or today called 'Newtmas Letter' so I'll let you guys know when that'll be out.