Nine

It's been a month. No matter how many times Newt tried to message Thomas, he'd never received any answers. He decided to go look for him. Newt hasn't known what to do with himself without talking to Tommy. His Tommy, he thought to himself, but shook his head to clear his thoughts. Yet Thomas had said that he liked Newt too.

Newt remembered where Thomas' house was and was determined to find him. He decided to start in a small bakery near where they had first met. It was still morning so he might have wanted to get something to eat. As if in response, Newt's stomach growled. Sighing, he remembered he forgot to eat breakfast at home. Maybe Thomas would come in later.

Newt bought a donut and sat down at a table. There weren't many other people in there. Besides the employees, there was only one other person. A girl. She sat at a table about 30 feet away from Newt. Every once in a while, she would glance at the door. He couldn't help but wonder if this was Thomas' girlfriend.

Shortly after he took his seat, he heard the bell ring. Newt turned around to see Thomas walk through the door. As he walked past Newt, there was no sign that he recognized Newt. He sat the table with the girl. Seeing this made Newt's heart sink. Tears threatened to fall, but he forced himself to stay. He wanted to see how this will turn out. Maybe, just maybe, he'll leave the girl for Newt. But that was just high hopes.

When Thomas sat down, the girl leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. Newt couldn't stand it, so he stood up and ran out of the bakery, hiding the tears fully falling down his face.