Twenty Three

Thomas' POV

Newt couldn't go to the hospital with me. I assume it's because of whatever his surprise is. Hopefully I don't mess it up this time. Stop thinking like that, Thomas, I tell myself. Shaking my head, I sign into the hospital and wait in the waiting room. It didn't take long for me to be pulled into the room with the doctor.

*time skip til after Thomas gets his cast off*

Tommy: I just got my cast off.

Newt: IM NOT READY YET!!!

Tommy: Well where are you?

Newt: . . . At your house.

Tommy: Why?

Newt: I can't tell you that!

Tommy: Fine, I'll take my time getting home

Newt: You better -_-

Newt: I'm serious, Tommy.

Newt: I need at least another hour!

Tommy: Another hour????

Newt: Yep.

Tommy: Well maybe if you stopped replying you'd get done a little faster.

Newt: Shut up, Tommy!

*time skippppppp*

Thomas' POV

I walk into my house an hour and ten minutes later-just to be sure that Newt was done. When I walked in, there was a note.

Tommy,
I know it's been a while since we were able to do something special . . .

I walked a little further into the living room. On the sofa was another note.

So it's time for a change . . .

I smile and head further into the kitchen. On the table, there was another note.

Because you're special . . .

I walk into the backyard and nearly died at what I saw.

Newt was standing behind a table that was candlelit. Food was placed on the circle table. As if on cue, my stomach growled. I ignored it and continued to take in the view. Surrounding the table, were rose petals. Light music was playing, but I couldn't find the source. I smiled and locked eyes with Newt.

"Because you're special to me," Newt started walking toward me. I met him halfway and engulfed him in a hug. My stomach growled again and we sat down and ate. We talked and laughed. It was easy to say that this was the best day ever. What did I do to get Newt? Not that I'm complaining.

"Thank you so much Newt," I hugged him before he had to leave.

"You deserved this and you deserve so much more," Newt smiled.

Before I could do anything, Newt's phone rang-his mom, he had said-and he had to leave. I went to bed that night with a smile on my face, continuously replaying the day in my head.