Seven

Newt and Thomas met at a small café. It took a few seconds for them to realize the other, but when they did, they automatically started talking.

"Hey, Tommy," Newt smiled.

"Hey," Thomas said with a smile. "So what was it that you wanted to tell me?"

"Oh, um, that," Newt stuttered.

"Are you nervous?" Thomas grabbed for Newt's hand. Newt nodded, not wanting to tell Thomas what he wanted to say. "Okay. Then I'll tell you first. But maybe I shouldn't explain here."

Thomas led Newt to his house. Newt was reluctant at first but eventually gave in. The two boys sat on the sofa. Thomas took a deep breath.

"Do you remember how I told you that if you tell your parents that you're gay that'd they eventually accept you?"

"Yeah," Newt nodded, "but what does that have to do with this?"

"Well, that's not always true. My parents don't accept me and I've been out for three years," getting up his courage, Thomas paused. "Most of the time it's just verbal abuse, but there are also times when it's more."

There was a silence. Newt found himself hugging Thomas. Thomas felt tears running down his cheeks. He's never spoke to anyone about what his parents do. Newt pulled away and wiped the tears off of his face. Both boys smiled.

"So anyway," Thomas sighed, "what did you want to tell me?"

"I, er-" Newt cut himself off by kissing Thomas. Thomas kissed back after a few seconds. It was sweet and only a few seconds long. "That."

Before the boys knew it, it was 9 o'clock and Newt had to go home.