Chapter Twenty Three:

-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty Three:

School I knew was going to be a challenge, as soon as I woke up on Monday. Gavin rolled over on my bed and threw an arm around my waist. It made me laugh, since it had its own strength to it, he didn’t have to hold me completely in his arms like a human would, one arm would keep me secure to the bed and him. But since I was a weird hybrid thing now I didn’t react to it much, I was stronger than anyone.

Angel came skipping into my room, “I felt your mind wake up so I came in to say hi, you don’t need to go looking for clothes, I brought some for you.” She threw them at me quickly and I caught them with ease. I got up and stretched hugely, like I had that one morning so long ago. Then I looked at the clothes, a pair of super skinny jeans that were a dark blue, heels, and beautiful purple shirt that had layers to it.

I nodded and smoothed out some of her wild hair, “Go pack your bag and ill be down to make breakfast in a little bit.”

She gave me a smile and skipped back out of the room, her red hair seemingly giving her this look that said she was dangerous. Any adult would smile at her and think she was cute, trying to be all tough, but she could kill a bear with her bare hands. I knew firsthand how strong she was, size really doesn’t matter.

When I got down stairs in the new outfit I had thought of what to make. A fruit salad with some sausages, it was Angel’s favorite because she knew I usually put little drops of syrup inside the meat. Hey it tasted really good, oddly, it was funny how some people didn’t know about it or try it. I don’t think Gavin has yet so hopefully he’ll like it.

“Whatcha making?” Angel tried to sniff it out.

“Go into the living room.” I shooed her out with a laugh, “You’ll find out when its on the table.”

She pouted but left and started playing with play-dough. Angel loved playing with it and making little things. I think she’s really good at it and can make things expertly.

I was putting syrup in the sausages when I sensed Angel becoming curious again. “Angel, go wake up Gavin for me.”

She groaned, getting caught and not getting to find out what we were eating. I laughed to myself as she went up the stairs loudly. When she was busy trying to wake him up I quickened my speed of filling the meat and set everything out on the table. Angel came bounding down the stairs and smelled deeply. She looked down at the table and screamed, jumping into her seat and bouncing excitedly. I laughed at her again and put some fruit and then some sausages on her plate.

I decided to wait for Gavin while Angel just dug into her food and moaned softly in delight when she bit into the meat. “I don’t know how you do it, you make them perfect each time.” She shook her head and kept eating.

“Morning,” Gavin yawned tiredly and sat down across from me, “smells good Shane.” He smiled at me and got his own serving of food.

He took a bite of the sausage and looked up in surprise, “This is really good, and it’s a little sweet, what did you put in it?”

“syrup.” I smiled and ate my own food. He nodded and kept eating hungrily, Angel got more after she finished, we all did. Nothing was left over, as usual, it still amazed me how much we could all eat.

Gavin and I went to the bus stop together and got onto the bus, I was a little nervous I’ll admit. I wonder how my friends would react. “When you were gone for the first week I said you’d gone to France to visit distant family. I also said you dyed your hair a bit.” Gavin said as we walked up the steps. I sighed in relief and nodded.

Brent glared at me as soon as he saw me, even though I saw a bit of surprise. I don’t know why but I let my curiosity get to me, “Brent, why do you hate me so much? Why do you love to hurt me and make my life miserable?”

He looked a little shocked but answered, “You look to perfect, all the time and you have this perfect life and get everything you want. I-I guess I was just a little jealous.”

“I have a life far from perfect,” I tried to keep calm but I could feel tears want to come out, “and im never happy, or never was. You just made it worse.” Gavin squeezed my hand from next to me and I heard him hold his breath. “Can we call a truce?”

He nodded, I got a look into his mind. Brent seemed guilty and sorry, even though I knew he wouldn’t say it. It was fine, I knew he was and that’s all that mattered. I smiled gently at him and turned around so I could talk to Gavin and rest my head on his shoulder.