Chapter Sixteen:

____________________

Chapter Sixteen:

I groaned when I began to wake up. I had pain in my head, jaw and hands. My eyes popped open and I saw that the basement was trashed. It looked like someone had attacked the place in search for something. I sat up slowly and looked around, an animal had been here, claw marks were everywhere. But it had five fingers, it couldn’t have been a regular animal. The pain in my hands made me look at them, I gasped, they were covered in blood.

Not just my hands were bloody, it was my whole front. My clothes were bathed in it. I looked around again and saw I had a trail of blood following to where I had been laying. Then I realized an animal couldn’t have got in, there was no way in and the door was locked and unopened. My heart stopped at the sight of the blood freezer. It had been completely destroyed and all the bags were popped open. But I was covered in blood, and no one else was in here, it wasn’t my blood. It smelled like mixes of all of the blood.

My mouth dried at the sight, this was me. I blacked out and I attacked everything for blood.

A bus break stopped in the distance and I knew Gavin was going to be home soon. I got to my feet slowly and started to pull my shirt down that had rid up, but I saw my hip and I could see the tattoo spreading. Shit. My hands went over it and it felt like it was moving under my skin and buzzing softly.

I jerked my hand away and pulled my shirt down. This wasn’t good, I heard Gavin unlock the front door, now I couldn’t hide. He was going to come to the basement door, smell the blood and demand me to open it, pounding on the door.

I blinked, that was kind of descriptive, even for me, it was like I knew what-

“Shane you okay?” he took a deep breath and smelled the blood, “Shane! Let me in now!” he pounded on the door. I shrunk away from it, and put my hands over my ears, the pounding sounded like he was pounding something next to my ear. I whimpered and shrunk into the farthest corned. “Shane! Open it now.”

He sounded scared and I wanted to go to him, but I didn’t want him to see me like this. I did want him to see this mess either. It looked like I was attacked but I knew what really happened, he wouldn’t think it’s me.

“G-Gavin, something happened to me.” I called out hoarsely, my voice sounded like I lost it almost. “I-I don’t know what happened, I blacked out and I attacked the whole lab.”

He rested his hand on the door and absorbed the news, “Okay, then let me in.”

“I don’t want to hurt you. Im not safe.” I whimpered, “I could attack you too, and I don’t want you to see me like this.”

“Don’t worry, please just let me make sure you’re okay.”

I got up slowly, shaking as I got to the door. His breath stopped when he could hear me lean against the door. Gavin backed up for me and I opened it.

He looked over me with wide eyes and took a shaky breath. I barely paid attention to his reaction. I was staring at his neck, which was pulsing, and my mouth watered again.

An image popped into my head, me attacking his neck and sinking my teeth into his neck to get to his blood. I stopped breathing and the urge stopped. “Get me clothes and some food. I’m staying in here.” With that I slammed the door and locked it again. My hands shook, my legs shook. What was happening? What was in that knife?

Gavin knocked on the door, “why are you staying in here?”

“Because Gavin!” I screamed, a surge of fear and anger over took me, “I almost attacked you.”

He stiffened and I could almost see him nod, “Okay, ill be back with the clothes and food.”

“M-make sure its steak… raw.” I couldn’t help it, I wanted- no needed meat. He shivered and left me alone. A blush went over my face and I put my head in my hands, this was insane. Somehow I knew this disease was going to take me over, I just don’t want it to change me into something im not.

I looked down at my dried bloody hands, what was happening to me?