Chapter Four:

This story took awhile since i had to rewrite it and i hated most of the time i was typing it since i hate rewriting stuff that ive already written on paper.

Alex be grateful -.-

________

Chapter Four:

When I saw the sun start peaking I decided it was time to get ready for a new day. Id decided on a dress and my new leather jacket with sandals. I didn’t forget my list of things to do to make sure I didn’t look strange. The last thing to do was my brown contacts.

The bus stop was empty when I got there, no Ryan today I guess. After getting on I slipped in my music and tried to wake up for the long day ahead. One of the weird things about healing is that my arm still ached afterwards. It was confusing but for some reason I liked it, I guess since it was the only thing I could feel when it happened. The aching made things feel more real almost.

Gavin was looking over at me sitting in the same place as yesterday and I noticed the bruises on his arm right away.

“Are you okay?” we both asked at the same time. I blushed and nodded, his face turned a little pink too.

“Um, been better.” He looked at his hands. I just wanted to go over and comfort him.

Parents decided to hit me. Why? I don’t know. But I hate it there and they have kicked me out for a whole week. God my dad had a horrible grip, I wonder why they seem to hate me so much.

My heart ached and I almost said something but Brent slipped into the seat next to Gavin. His eyes staring daggers at me. This bitch will not get him. So instead I just stared out the window.

“Stop being an ass Brent!” Gavin snarled and punched Brent.

“What? You said so yourself yesterday!”

“Yeah, but I apologized for it afterwards because I was being stupid.” He screamed, dragging the whole bus’s attention to the two of them, and some to me. The bus driver looked up to the mirror that showed him all that was going on, he rolled his eyes thinking about how boys had anger problems when they’re younger and remembering his own times of anger.

Gavin’s eyes found mine. We both kept contact as he said the words that shocked us both, “I was just jealous and being stupid. But I didn’t mean any of it.”

Brent Growled and glared at me, “See what you’ve done, you worthless bitch!”

That’s when I saw Gavin’s eyes flash with anger, like murderous anger, before he started beating the crap out of Brent. We had just gotten to the school lot and Gavin had gotten in some pretty good punches and kicks. I decided to pull him off of Brent and drag him to the side of the school.

“LET GO OF ME! IM GOING TO KICK HIS SORRY ASS!” Gavin was struggling in my grip but I was way too strong for him. He kept struggling until everyone was out of sight. “What are you doing?”

“Saving you from getting suspended you idiot.” I smacked his chest with a little force.

“H- how did you drag me?” he looked back where the bus began to drive off, rubbing his chest a little to get rid of the pain

“Adrenaline.” I lied smoothly. “Now what was that? You just beat up your best friend.”

“hmmm,” he blushed and looked down at his feet. That’s when I remembered his arm.

“Gavin, are you okay?” my face scrunched in worry, just looking at the bruises made me feel bad.

“I- why do you ask?” I grabbed his hand, his eyes went wide and I kept a serious face on, though I felt electricity running up my arm. Then I gently rolled up his sleeve, and let my fingers glide over the bruise that looked like a hand. “How- um Shane can I talk to you later? We need to get to class.” His mind went to his parents before going right back to Brent and what he said to me. Gavin’s hands clenched in anger.

I narrowed my eyes but agreed. We walked in together and that’s when I realized my hand was still holding his, “Oh, sorry.” I blushed red and gently slipped my hand from his and found my locker.

A smile formed on my face as I heard his whisper when he walked past, “Don’t be.”