Chapter Seventeen:

Sorry both of these were really short today. :s

_______________________

Chapter Seventeen:

My body was shaking uncontrollably and I couldn’t stop it. I hugged my knees to my chest and let the shaking over take me. Right after Gavin gave me the things I wanted I shut the door in his face and scarfed down the steak. Angel was due to be home soon and I knew she’d want to come in. maybe I wouldn’t want to attack her.

“Shane, Angel wants to come in.” I shuddered lightly before controlling myself long enough to unlock the door and let her in.

She skipped inside and sat in front of me. I stared at her, shaking still, sweat running down my face.

“Well, you are fighting it. If you don’t fight it, it wont hurt so much.” She shrugged lightly and looked around the lab, “Nice Shane, I see you went a little blood crazy.”

“S-shut up.” I managed to get out. She shook her head and pushed my forehead, “w-w-what?”

“Lay down.” She barked. I wanted to growl at her for ordering me around, but I realized I shouldn’t be mad for her trying to help me, so I did as she asked. “Now relax and let yourself just be taken over. Shane nothing will stop it, if you fight it, it will just be slow and painful.”

I whimpered, “I don’t want to become something else, I don’t want to hurt anyone. What if the thing I become makes me hurt people?”

“Then I’ll be here to stop you and I wouldn’t let you hurt anyone anyway.” She brushed hair out of my face. “Let it take you over, you’ll get your abilities back and it won’t hurt. The change will happen and you won’t be struggling to keep control, you will be in control.”

I hesitated but I let it take over, opening the little box I had locked as tightly as I could, where my hip was. It spread like fire immediately and covered me head to toe, nothing was left unchanged. Angel was right, it didn’t hurt, it felt like I’d been covered in a tight suit. It was hot and cold at the same time so I wasn’t in pain at all. My breathing slowed and my heart started to slow dramatically.

“You can come in now Gavin.” Angel opened the door for him and he sat by my side.

“What’s that on her? is it moving?” he gasped at something.

“It’s the gene that was put in her. I think since she stayed and got more tests done on her and stuff she was able to handle the toxin.” She traced some of them on my arms, “It’s meant to enslave us, whoever created it. It changes us into shifters and we become unable to control ourselves. Whatever the scientists put in Shane makes her immune to the control. But it still changes her… but something is definitely different because of her eyes. Blake had his eyes still but hers changed.”

“Meaning?” he asked impatiently.

“She could be something different than a shifter.” She said lightly and brushed my hair again. “It won’t be too bad. I can see her future, it doesn’t change her much. Except some of he looks, most of them already happened.”

I could tell she wasn’t saying something. She knew another part of my future and wasn’t saying it. If I could wake up completely I’d probably beat it out of her.