Chapter Fourteen

____________________

Chapter Fourteen:

It was almost like floating. It’s the only way I can explain it. My head felt like it was everywhere and nowhere at the same time, I couldn’t focus much but when I did I could hear every little thing. I guess that should have been the sign something was different.

“She’ll be okay… mostly but she won’t be the same.” Angel’s voice floated into my ears and I could focus for a few minutes. Gavin’s hand squeezed mine and rubbed circles with his thumb. It was soothing and made me relax despite the fact I was freaking out since I couldn’t wake up.

There was something different about me, I could tell just by the fact that I felt tingles going through my body. It kind of hurt, like liquid fire going through my veins. I wanted to cry out but nothing happed, they couldn’t even read my mind and I couldn’t use my abilities. Something had happened and they were gone. I don’t know if it’s permanent or if it’ll wear off.

This made me feel so useless and scared, so human. It was so bad that I couldn’t wake up, something was seriously wrong. Did this happen to Blake? Was I going to turn into something like him? The cut felt like it was a throbbing life source of some sort. Damn I hope I wasn’t going to be changing. A change was usually painful and nothing indicated the change. My guess was if I get my abilities back then its okay. If they never come back then ive been changed and something bad was bound to happen.

I feel again. Back into the floating darkness and you couldn’t see anything. At least here I could open my eyes and see myself. It was strange, but comforting to see myself. It’s happened a few times, but this time seemed a little different. The cut was burning horrible. I pulled up my shirt to see black markings form on the scar. It looked like vines and flowers, it was kind of cute but freaky. A sharp pain made me grip my chest, and slowly the pain started down every inch of my body until it was in my head and I couldn’t handle it. A scream erupted from my mouth and I let myself arch to try and relieve some of the pain.

Gavin gripped my hand and I took the chance and squeezed his hand. He hissed in pain and I could hear bones cracking but he made no move to remove his hand from mine. Angel jumped onto my lap and put a hand to my forehead, “She’s burning up. It’s like something’s heating her from the inside.”

I nodded quickly at that, “You can hear us Shane?” she asked, I nodded again and punch my hip that was throbbing. “Your hip?” I nodded once again and groaned when the fabric rubbed against the skin as she lifted my shirt. “Oooh, that doesn’t look good… b-but that’s like the slash on Blake’s back. I had to heal him and he had this big gash on his back. And it turned into a tattoo that reminded me of this.” She whimpered, “But this fever and coma didn’t happen to him. He just woke up the next day and tried to attack me.”

Then the pain started to fade, starting from my hip and going all around. It was slow and seemed like it would never end but it did. But my head started to get hotter and hotter. I whimpered as it increased as other parts started to cool down. Nothing was worse than this and it got worse until I screamed out loud and my eyes popped open. And just like that it was gone. All the pain was gone and everything was peaceful again.

But my powers weren’t back, and my body felt kind of light. I looked around wildly and everything looked different. Nothing looked right, like the colors weren’t supposed to be so noticeable or clear. “Shane, are you okay?” Gavin asked trying to get into my line of sight. My eyes pulled and focused on him. He gasped and his eyes widened. “Oh.”

I gave him a confused look and turned to Angel who was still on my lap. She blinked at me for a second and stayed absolutely calm. Then a smile formed on her face and she clapped excitedly, “She’s okay. Oh thank god I thought you were going to go evil on me or something. Amongst other things, you are perfectly fine.”

“Other things?” I asked and she just waved me off before leaving the room. She waved from the door and went somewhere. “Now what’s different about me?”

“Your eyes.” He slid a finger gently down my face from my hair line to my chin. We got up and he led me to the bathroom.

Gone were my purple cat eyes and in came these dark blackish blue ones with an electric blue fiery looking ring around the pupil. The whole white parts of my eyes looked purely white with seemingly no blood vessels, it looked kind of scary and dangerous.

I don’t know if they noticed but I did, I looked paler. Like I’d been locked in a black room for a few days and didn’t get any sun light. Gavin turned me away from my appearance and put his hands on my face, “Don’t worry about it too much, I’m sure it’s okay.”

Im not so sure but I really didn’t want to worry too much. Maybe I’d been asleep longer than a day. I wont freak out, I said to myself and let Gavin kiss my worry away.