Chapter Twelve:

i hate the shortness. if they end up being this short ill just upload 2 at a time. hope you enjoy <3 ^-^

__________________________________

Chapter Twelve:

When I got there I could see through the trees and saw a nice little tree house. I shook my head, this girl was like 20 in a 8 year old body. She would probably nicely surprised that I’ve come.  Her scent was everywhere around here and most of it was near the beach edge, telling me she usually went swimming.

I landed on the beach and followed a mass of red hair that was under water. She hadn’t sensed me yet, but she seemed like she was racing. Not in a good way, she looked behind her and swam quicker. I looked behind her to see a black mass swimming towards her, gaining.

Something like mother instincts kicked in and I made a grab for the black mass. It stopped and I raised my hands. I wasn’t touching it which was really weird. The thing squirmed and tried to get out of the invisible grasp. A piercing scream came from it, this seemed to be a weapon it used, to disable others into cowering in pain. The sound was horrible but it didn’t have any effect on me. I met its eyes and growled like an animal.

“You better have a pretty good reason for chasing my sister you bastard or im going to kill you.” A smell came off of it, fear, anger, and something familiar. This wasn’t its true shape, “Show yourself.”

A change came from the creature and from how I could see its face it looked shocked to be changing. Almost scared too, like it was afraid what I’d think of it when it showed true.

A blonde haired boy was left in the air from the mass. It was Blake, another person I helped escape, “Seriously Blake? I know you were always jealous of Angel but seriously? Now you’re trying to kill her?”

He blushed nasty different types of colors. There were two choices, give him a warning or change him. I chose the second, he tended to always get a second chance but kept hurting people. “You’ve left me no choice little brother.” His eyes darted to mine and pouted. I didn’t let his looks change my mind, it wouldn’t work on me. I quickly tied off his shifting genes and let him fall to the ground.

Right as his feet touched he produced something in his hands and darted after me. Ill admit the kid had gotten quicker but I was still faster, I was the oldest. He swung the weapon and I moved just in time to punch him in the jaw. Blake screeched, animal like and swung rapidly, another knife appearing in his hands. I dodged and spun but he got a good slice into my side. This was going too far, he looked insane.

“What happened to you?” I batted his hands away as they swung. He almost looked possessed as he tried to kill me. The look in his eyes told me he wasn’t really here. A foot kicked towards me and I had no choice. I broke his leg, he wailed in pain and crumbled to the ground.

“I found him on the beach just yesterday. He was unconscious on the sand, looking like he just washed up from the ocean. I helped heal him but something was off.” Angel slipped next to me, this time on her feet. “Blake had this wild look in his eyes, and I could see into his mind. You know that’s one of my specialties and, nothing. It’s like something’s controlling him and making him go crazy. Nothing I’ve done can get him to talk.”

I looked as Blake actually tried to get up, he kept falling over so he gave up on that and went to his knifes. “Are you serious?” I hissed and stalked up to him. He glanced up, the wild look in it. Without stopping him I decided he should take a nap. My fist swung and connected with his face again, knocking him out cold.

“Thanks, you came just in time.” Angel smiled sweetly at me and hugged me tightly.

“You’re welcome sweetie.” I kissed her red shiny, wet hair. She relaxed into my hold and then pulled back.

“I can come home with you?” her eyes bright with hope.

I nodded with a laugh and she jumped into my arms excitedly. She really couldn’t wait. It was so cute. “Oh thank god.” Her head rested into the bend of my neck. “I’ve missed you so much Shane.”

“I missed you too.” I opened my wings but stopped, “What should we do about Blake? We cant just leave him here like this.” He looked peaceful, knocked out.

“I don’t know… I can sense his mind though now.” This made her smile, “I think he’ll be okay. Lets go home Shane.”