Chapter 19

I've been thinking all day and night about what Erik said. What was he going to tell me that was supposedly going to change my life? Is he? No, he can't.. It's possible though. Yeah, maybe he is finally going to propose to me.

But on the other side. It's Erik so I won't expect anything big actually. I step out of bed. I do my 5 minute exercise and perform my morning routine. With only a towel around my body, I walk to my closet. I put my outfit on.

I search in my shoe closet what to wear

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I search in my shoe closet what to wear. I end up grabbing my white FILA sneakers. I put my hair in a low, sleek pony tail.
A knock on the door grabs my attention. I open the door and see a Dora Milaje warrior standing in the door opening. 'The king needs your presence.' 'Okay. I'll be right behind you.' I rush over to my vanity and spritz my neck with some parfume.

Erik Stevens "Killmonger" POV
After I sent the warrior to get Yara, I patiently wait. I try to contain my nerves. This girl really is something. I never get nervous. For nobody. Will she like the surprise or not? Is the question that keeps repeating itself in my head. The warrior enters the throne room with Yara behind her. The warrior joins the others. Yara is wearing a light pink buttoned up shirt with blue jeans that make her curves pop. I never had been this attracted to a girl. 'What is this?' She asks. I take her by her hand.

'What do you think about going to America?' Her eyebrows furrow. 'America? I thought you were going to ask me something else.' 'Something like what?' I ask laughing. 'Nevermind. When are we going?' 'Tonight. So pack your bags and meet me at the exit in an hour.' A big smile appears on her beautiful face. 'Thank you Erik.' 'You don't have to thank me for anything, sweet cheeks.'

N'Yarai Jabari POV
I won't lie.. I really thought he was about to propose to me. I just have to keep that thought out of my mind or else I'll get disappointed every time.

After I pack my bags with every clothing of the seasons because I don't know what the weather in America is, I meet Erik at the exit. 'I didn't even get to announce to anyone that I was leaving.' 'Don't worry. I've got it all handled Yara. Just relax and enjoy this trip for me okay?' I nod. 'Fine.'
When we step outside a jet is waiting on us. Okoye steps outside. 'Hello my king.' Erik greets her with a nod. 'Hi Okoye, how are you?' 'I'm wonderful thanks for asking.' We step into the jet and leave.

When I sit on the couch, moments later I start to feel a familiar pain in my abdomen. 'You must be kidding me. I just ended my period a few weeks ago!' I mutter. 'Whats wrong?' Erik asks. 'Uh, nothing! I'll be right back.' I rush to the bathroom. After struggling in there for about 10 minutes I exit. 'You good? You took a long time in there.' I nod. 'Everything's fine.'

After a lot of Netflix and food - two hours later - we abruptly stop. 'Why are we stopping? It's another two hours before we arrive in America.' 'I know that N'Yarai. But don't you think it's weird if a "spaceship" enters the US like it's nothing?' I sigh. 'You're right.' I grab my two tote bags and step out. 'So how are we now going to continue our journey to the US?'

Behind the mask - Erik Killmongerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें