Chapter 06

Erik Stevens "Killmonger" POV
'What.. is.. happen-' She stumbles across her words. Next thing I know I see her falling on the ground. I start to feel emotions I haven't felt in a long time. But the most powerful one I feel is concern. Since when am I concerned about a girl? I rush to her side and pick her up. 'It is going to be okay.' She slowly looks up at me. Barely keeping her eyes open. 'Erik..' she whispers so soft that I almost didn't hear it.

I run to Shuri's lab. 'What happened to her?!' She asks while I put her on the platform. 'She accidentally cut herself and after Leena helped her she passed out.'

'Go fetch me a vibranium ball.' 'Who are you talking to like that?' 'Do you want her to die or not!?' She snaps. I take the vibranium ball and give it to her. She opens it and pours a purple powder on Yara's wound. A few moments later it turns yellow. Yara begins to shake uncontrollably. I hold her hand tight. I bend over and whisper in her ear. 'Hold on. For me... please.'

She stops shaking and the power on her wound turns back to purple. 'What does that mean?' 'She has poison in her blood.' 'How!?'

'You said that Leena helped her right?' I nod. 'Did she touch Yara's wound?' Then everything clicks. 'She "cleaned" her wound with a tissue. She must have put poison on it.' I slam my fists on the table. 'You love her.' She says while a big grin appears. 'Who told you that?'

'It is pretty noticeable.' I look at Yara laying on the table. She looks so fragile. So beautiful. I just don't know what to do with her. I don't want her to come too close.. but I can't leave her alone. She moves a bit. A scared facial expression covers her face. 'Why is she looking like that?'

Shuri wipes a bit of sweat from her forehead. 'It looks like Leena infected her wound with the Corrhea poison. A little bit of it can kill you instantly, except if you treat it with this vibranium powder immediately. If you treat it with the powder it will make the person lay in a coma for a maximum of 2 days. But it's not a normal coma..'

'What kind of coma is it Shuri?' I ask with furrowed brows. 'It makes you hear everything-' she looks at Yara. 'She can hear everything we say right now. But she has nightmares at the same time. So her head is a chaos right now.'

The anger builds up inside of me. Why would anyone try to hurt her!? 'I will kill Leena!' I shout furious. 'No don't do it yet! We need to know if she has more of this poison and where it is. I suggest you lock her up until she speaks.'

'I decide.' I speak with my teeth clenched.

Leena POV
I smile satisfied. My plan worked. My intention was to "accidentally" cut her with a poison infected blade. But she is so dumb and naive that she made my job easier.

The door busts open. 'WHAT DID YOU DO!?' A raging Erik steps in. No, not raging. Furious. 'What are you talking about babe?' I ask seductive. His chest moves up and down quick. I walk towards him and wrap my arms around his neck.

I squeal by surprise when his big hands wrap around my neck. He chokes me and I grasp for air hopelessly. 'IF IT WEREN'T FOR YARA I WOULD KILL YOU! DON'T EVER TOUCH HER AGAIN! YOU HEAR ME!?'
'Y.. es...' I grasp.

He pulls me by my hair and throws me against the wall. 'GUARDS! THROW HER IN THE CELL!' Tears fill my eyes. 'DON'T YOU LOVE ME ERIK? We have been through so much.. you don't ever know that Yara girl!' He turns around and looks me in the eyes. 'I never even liked you. I just used you for sex.'

My heart breaks and tears start flowing. 'SCREW YOU ERIK! I HATE YOU!' I scream after him. The guards lift me up and bring me to the cell. If she didn't die.. I will make her pay when she wakes up.
_______________________________________________
I want to thank you guys for 97 reads in 2 days!!!! With my other book it took around 3-5 months to reach that much. THANK YOU💗💗!!

Love E. 🖤