Chapter 03

I knock on the king's door. 'Come in.' I step in with Shuri beside me. 'I have a request my king.' He stands up from his trone and walks towards me. 'How many times must I say that you can call me by my first name Yara? And what kind of request?' He asks looking at me suspiciously.

'I wish to borrow Okoye's presence as I am visiting the Jabari tribe.' 'Why would you want to visit the Jabari tribe?' I sigh. 'M'Baku may be my father.' He looks at me confused. 'But how?' 'I'll explain it later, can I borrow Okoye's presence now?' He nods and I walk with Shuri towards the weapon room.

But the palace is built in a certain manner where if I want to go to the weapon room, I have to enter the cell first. 'I'll be right back.' I tell Shuri.

I walk through the cell and see nobody. Until at the very last cell, I see a dark figure sitting on the bed. 'What you looking at?' He says. I then remember his voice. The crazy stranger who wants the throne. I roll my eyes and enter the weapon room. I take my precious daggers made out of vibranium and put them in my holsters.

I walk back through the cell and feel N'Jadaka's eyes piercing through my back. 'Do you have everything.' I nod and we begin our journey to the Jabari tribe.

                                          •

Once we arrive a few men surround us. 'Keep ur head low and don't look at them.' Okoye warns.

I do as I'm told

I do as I'm told. They drag us inside the cave.

A cold wind blows against my bare skin

A cold wind blows against my bare skin. I cover myself more with the blanket Okoye gave me. 'What are you Wakandan insects doing here?' If it weren't for the 5 huge guys that were standing next to him, I would've smacked him by now. 'I have a very important question for you.'

'What kind of question was so important that you have to come all the way here to ask me? You could have phoned me, I have the new iPhone X you know.' I ignore his dumb comment and speak.

'M'Baku do you know Ekene by any chance?' 'No.' He says right after my question. I walk more towards him. I see that his men point their wooden spears at me. 'You had a dirty one night stand with my mother like she was some prostitute. What you didn't know was that you impregnated her.'

He looks at me with emotions I can't describe. 'Warriors, get them out of here.' Two men take me by my arms. 'I am your daughter M'Baku! But you are too pathetic to admit it!' They drag us out of the cave just as they dragged us in.

I am done with this place. Done with everyone. I take my daggers out of my holsters and place them back on the wall in the weapon room. I walk back and ignore the crazy "Killmonger''s comments until.. 'Why you upset sweet cheeks?' 'I'm not upset.' I say not looking at him. 'Come here.' He whispers.

My heart beats rapidly. 'What do you want!?' I ask annoyed. 'I'm not that bad you know.. only sometimes.. I think.' He says not sure of himself. I laugh on the inside while still not showing any emotions on the outside. 'What are you doing in Wakanda?' I ask.

'I came for the trone.'

I roll my eyes and sigh. 'Don't tell me that bull. I know that you ain't come all the way to Wakanda to be a king. It ain't that amazing being a king.' His posture changes from relaxed to tense. He walks more towards me. Right now he stands so close to me. Too close. The only thing keeping me and him apart are the bars. 'I came to kill T'Challa.'

His eyes are no longer just brown. They are dark eyes filled with anger and betrayal. 'What happened between T'Challa and you?' 'Leave.' He says looking in my eyes. I stand there looking at him. I know that T'Chaka (T'Challa's father) killed Erik his father but I feel that more happened between them. 'LEAVE!' He interrupts my thoughts. Even with being T'Challa's best combat trainer I slightly flinched.

See? This is what happens when I decide to open up a little. People turn cold. Ice cold. I glare deadly at him and leave the cell.

Never again.

Never again will I open up to someone.

Even my own mother hurt me.

Lied to me.

Never again.
_______________________________________________
Thank you for reading this chapter! Stay tuned for more x.

Love E.🖤