Chapter 10: Longest Night (Angelica's P.O.V.)

THIS STORY IS AN ORIGINAL BY ME, YARELIS.

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND IF YOU STEAL, I WILL STEAL FROM YOUR HOUSE O.o

NO, REALLY, BUT PLEASE DON'T DO IT.  xx

I got home at six. We took so long because we stopped for lunch and went to a museum with the kids- that was boring as hell.

As soon as I got there, I ran to my bedroom and threw everything on the floor and laid face-flat on my bed. I had even forgotten about my dogs and the newborn puppies. I knew they were alright because my neighbor, Samantha, had the keys so she could check on them and feed them. I laid on my bed, breathing the fresh scent of the detergent mom uses to clean the bed sheets, thinking about how perfect it was to be back home.

Although this is all I had waited for three days, I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I wondered where he went after I turned around. I wondered if he was okay. I wondered if he would miss me as much as I’m sure I will.

After an hour and half of doing nothing, I got up, took my sandals off, undid my French braid and put my hair up in a bun and started unpacking. I threw all the used clothes to the floor and the ones I didn’t use- which were only a shirt and extra underwear- I threw those on my bed. As soon as I finished, I took a bath. While bathing, another thought came to my mind: if he had gotten the note I slid under the door. I hoped he had read it. That way, he would know I didn’t leave without thinking about him. I thought about his curls and his dimple that came out every time he smiled, every time I saw him. But what about his eyes- those that drove me crazy the moment I noticed, those that made me fall deeper and deeper.

I turned off the shower, got out and wrapped a towel around my dripping wet body and walked to my room, where I put on my favorite shorts to sleep with and the shirt I had thrown on the bed earlier. I laid on my bed facing the roof and tried to sleep.

I woke up at two in the morning because of the dogs barking. I went to my parents bedroom, where I found the puppies one on top of another, maybe fighting with sleep. I smiled and whispered “I missed you guys” as I tried to move them so they could be more comfortable.

I went back to my room and turned on the TV. Nothing good was on, but I still didn’t turn it off. My phone suddenly rang. It was actually my text tone. I checked and had two messages from my best friend, Emily.

“(1/2) Hi dude! I know it’s like three in the morning or something but I just wanted to say hi! And you need to tell me everything about your (2/2) weekend! So call me when you wake up, love you hun!”

That message made me smile.

“Hi babe! My weekend was okay, I guess. Tell you everything tomorrow. Well, today, lol. Gotta get some sleep! Love you” I hit the Send button.

I don’t remember anything else after I locked my phone. I had fallen asleep.