Chapter 1: Waiting for it to be over

THIS STORY IS AN ORIGINAL BY ME, YARELIS.

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND IF YOU STEAL, I WILL STEAL FROM YOUR HOUSE O.o

NO, REALLY, BUT PLEASE DON'T DO IT.  xx

How disgusted was I. Rats, filthy floors, broken bunk beds and names and numbers scribbled all over the walls and wood of the beds. I thought this would be a good summer experience, something new and different. I imagined everything perfect: the balcony, the comfortable beds, the big bathroom and pretty flowers and trees. But everything was all I least expected. I couldn’t wait for the weekend to be over. I was in better company at my house, with my Gamecube and my two dogs, one which had given birth to six puppies. But this gets even better: a bunch of eighth graders screaming and running around, like they were three-year-olds, not to mention the mice and grass that should be trimmed. It’s moments like these I’d rather be at my Grandmother’s house, with nothing to do but to talk to her old and fat cat.

At least I found myself a private area at the beach, where I could go read or listen to music and get tanned.  That’s all I could see from one of the cabin’s windows.

I decided to have some “fun”, so I put on my bikini and sandals, grabbed my towel and iPod and headed to the beach.  Whilst listening to Wanted by Hunter Hayes, I walked and found a little wooden bridge that lead to a dirt path and connected to a bigger bridge. I walked over it and then crossed the road and found myself at the beach. I kept walking through some trees and bushes and found an even more private spot. So private I decided it was okay to go skinny dipping. I took off my headphones and secured my iPod, wrapped inside the towel. I took off my bikini and threw it to the sand and ran into the water, which I expected to be freezing, but it turned out to be warm and perfect.

I was in the water for no longer than eight minutes, because it was already getting dark. When I bended to grab my stuff from the sand I heard the bushes move too rough, and there was almost no wind.  I felt like someone was watching. I didn’t even put my swimsuit back on, I just wrapped the towel around my torso  and made my way to the cabin.

When I got there, I sat on a wooden rocking chair that was on the balcony. I could see someone walking, and when he passed right in front of my cabin, he stared into my eyes. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I noticed he was wearing a dark polo shirt and knee-length light brown pants. Oh, and he had curly hair. I’m a sucker for curly hair.

I kept my eye on him and apparently he was staying on the cabin next to mine.

I stood up and entered my cabin and took a bath.  When I finished bathing I entered the bedroom and climbed one of the bunk beds. I could hear laughs and loud voices, so I knew the eighth graders were back. I covered my head with the extra pillow and fell asleep.