Chapter 8: Longest Night (Harry's P.O.V.)

THIS STORY IS AN ORIGINAL BY ME, YARELIS.

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND IF YOU STEAL, I WILL STEAL FROM YOUR HOUSE O.o

NO, REALLY, BUT PLEASE DON'T DO IT.  xx

It was three p.m. and I was still sitting on that rocking chair, thinking if there were any possibilities of seeing Angelica just one more time.  The only thoughts I drowned and fought with were not seeing her again, not being able to get to know her better, and the fact of not have given her a kiss last night.

I stood up and walked to my cabin. I got to the front door and was taking off my trainers, when I noticed a piece of paper coming from under the door. I pulled it out and opened the door to find Mom at the kitchen preparing cheeseburgers for my sister. I went to the room and slid the paper into one of my bag’s pocket and went back to the kitchen to grab a burger. I actually ate three of them because of how good they tasted.

I thought again on calling Louis, so I walked in the bedroom and threw myself on the bed next to my pile of three-day-used clothes.

I unlocked my phone and saw the time. It was six p.m. already. I dialed Lou’s phone number and hoped he would answer. He was the only one that would actually listen to me and make me somehow feel better.

“Hazza!”

“Hello Louis!”

“Hey! What’s up? How’s America?”

“America is fine, but umm… I’m calling because I have a problem I thought you might help me out with.”

“Uh-oh, what’s her name?”

I laughed because he knows me too well.

“Umm, her name is Angelica and she’s-“

“Angelica!”

“Yes, Angelica, and she’s-“

“Angelica, Angelica. Angelica and Harry. Angelica is a pretty name.”

“Yes, Louis, it is.”

That’s what I love about Lou, the same reason I go to him when I have any kind of problem. He always knows how to make me laugh and turn a bad situation into a good one.

I told him all about Angelica, every single detail about how I met her the day before, my fast feelings for her and how I had already lost her and never asked for her number.

“Well, that’s stupid.” He said.

“I know”

“She could have been the one and you let her go! That’s just wrong. Listen man, I have to go. It’s family game night tonight and they’re all waiting for me. Good luck!”

“Alright, see you in a few days then.” He had already hung up.

“But good luck with what? There’s nothing I can do anymore.” I said to myself as if Louis was still listening.

I tried to sleep, but couldn’t. It was one forty five in the morning and I was still thinking about her. Then I remembered the note I found under the door.

I grabbed my bag and searched the pockets. I unfolded the paper and started reading:

I’m really sorry about all this. I enjoyed the little time I got to spend with you. Hope to see you again sometime, if it’s even possible. I promised something and will keep my promise. I’m never taking the necklace off. Wish you the best in life. –Angelica

It was crazy the way that, while I read, I imagined her voice, her American accent, her fast speaking. With the paper still in my right hand, without letting go off it, I fell asleep.