The Mysterious Calls and Texts

The next day I don’t wake up from Kiki but from the ring of my phone. It makes me jump up. I grab it and read the number 876-934-9007. I didn’t know who it was so I didn’t answer. But it called again. I began to think it was important so I answered.

“Hello?” I say, my voice was shaking with fear.

“Hello Cali!” A deep voice says into the phone. So deep that it sends chills up and down my spine and to make my body be covered in goose bumps.

“How do you know who I am?” I try to sound confident but my voice cracked once I said am. All I heard on the other end was heavy breathing.

“Because I have something of yours,” Pause, “More like someone.” He laughs a deep evil laugh and I try to think of who. Aimee, Kris, and my mom were here. I knew it wasn’t John. Kyleigh. My heart pinched and I pushed back the tears that wanted to leak through. He couldn’t but how? “I have proof if you want it.” I nodded my head until I remembered I was on a phone and he couldn’t see me.

“Give it to me. I need proof before I go along with this bullshit!” I say my voice stronger than before.

“Cali are you there?” I heard Kyleigh’s voice it shook. “If you are I want you to be careful and…” Before she said anymore I heard a hitting sound and then the heavy breathing again.

“Well if you want her back you will have to get her from me. Alone!” I fell silent. Alone. Why? What was he planning on doing? Kill me? If he killed me would he let Kyleigh go? If she was let go she could get help. Get John. John could heal me and then we could take this bitch down.

“Where and when?”

“The abandoned school house that you use to go to as a child. At midnight. If you bring anyone besides you she dies, you die, and they die. Trust me I will know!” The phone went silent. He hung up. My whole body shook and I let the tears fall to the ground.

“Cali?” I jump once I hear a noise. Looking up from the ground. It was Kiki. I didn’t even sense her presents. Until she spoke of course.

“Yes…” I say not sure how long she has been there or how much she heard. I look at my phone and see it is only noon. twelve hours until I went to the abandoned school house. My whole body shook just thinking about it.

“What was that call about?” She asks her voice shaking with fear. Although I don’t know why.

“Someone has captured my friend and they are holding her at the old school house. I have to go there alone at midnight to save her.” I say my voice wobbled but I kept it on track and made it sound stronger than I really was.

“Well are you really going to go?”

“Yes. It’s for her.” If he didn’t have her I would never of went but he gave me proof. I have to save her because I am the only one who can. Did her parents even know she was missing?

“But how do you know the person really was her?”

“Because he put her on the phone and I know her voice.” I sounded strong and ready for a war. I had to walk around town to cause me from ripping someones head off though. It was chilly outside and I even walked past the old school house. It seemed empty. Was Kyleigh even in there? Where was he keeping her? After those questions popped up and another one came along. Where was Austin! I was for sure that they were going to stick together all during break since usually Kye is glued to his side. In a good way not bad. I had his phone number and I pulled my phone out and typed in his number. But before I clicked call the dudes voice rang in my head. No one can know!

I put my phone back into my pocket and then I continued walking I was frustrated!