Rage Moon

On this very night the moon shines a neon blue while everyone gathers around the stage. Me and all of my friends are turning thirteen. Thirteen is a really big deal because we will get our powers. We will either become a Werewolf, Vampire, Witch, Fairy (or called Fae), or a Shape Shifter.   

There are nineteen of us here on stage waiting for the rage moon to fall into place and change us.

But anyways my name is Cali and I have red shoulder length hair and dark hazel eyes. My mom has my red hair but longer and wavy, blue eyes, and she is a fairy. My dad has thick brown hair, my hazel eyes, and he is a vampire.

I’m standing in between Kyleigh and John. Kyleigh is my best friend with long wavy brown hair and light hazel eyes. John is my boyfriend and he has thick black curly hair with the most amazing blue-green eyes ever. He is sweet and caring and I love him.

“OK EVERYONE LISTEN UP!” I turn my head to face the speaker. “THE MOON IS ALMOST IN PLACE AND WE NEED TO WATCH AS THESE NINETEEN PEOPLE CHANGE TO BE THEIR OWN TYPE…” The speaker says more but I don’t listen instead I turn my head to face John. John is listening to the speaker but I don’t care. I reach my hand out and grab his. He doesn’t turn to face me but he does tighten the grip. “K IT’S STARTING!!!”

I look up and see that the moon is now in place. John releases my hand and everyone is changing now. I feel a tight pull on my gut and I feel my head spinning inside. I feel as if I’m going to fall and be dizzy forever but I stand. I finally seen it then. I saw sparkles forming all around me as I changed into an animal form.

First I was a bird and then a dog. A zebra next. I changed into a few more before the moon finally moved out of place and I fell back into my normal human form. Once my head stopped spinning and my gut loosened I stood up and walked over to John. I saw John was a werewolf because he had the wolf scar on his chest. The moon prints a symbol showing what you are and so that others know too.

“John.” I say finally getting through the crowd of people.

“Cali.” He says. He covers his tattoo and walks toward me. “Shapeshifter huh… I’m a were.”

“Ya I know.” I lean into his bare chest and let his warmth warm up my heart. I pull back and give him a quick kiss before I try to find Kyleigh hidden in the crowd somewhere. “I’ll see you tonight right?”

“Ya wait for me before you leave.” I smile and walk away back through the big crowd. I think of a black hawk and soon I transform. I fly over the crowd until I finally see Kyleigh standing by Garrett. I fly down and transform back into human form.

“Hi Kye and Garrett… How are you guys doing?” I say looking from Kyleigh to Garrett.

“Good.” They both say at the same time. I look at Garrett’s bare chest and see that he is fae.

“I see that you are a fairy Garrett that’s cool.” I say this time looking at Kyleigh. I can’t tell what she is because I can’t see her chest. But I don’t want to either. “What are you Kye?”

“I’m a shapeshifter. What are you?”

“Ya what are you Cali?” Garrett says after Kyleigh.

“I’m a shapeshifter too!” Me and Kyleigh squeal and start jumping up and down. After we finally stopped jumping the crowd seemed to have lowered and John and Garrett were waiting for us. Me and Kyleigh walk toward them.

“Cali want to take a quick walk with me?” John puts out his hand and I grab it and we start to walk off the stage towards the woods.

“Bye you two!” Kyleigh and Garrett say at the same time.

When me and John enter the woods we move far from the town. I think it is because most vampires have super hearing and will eavesdrop on us.

I keep walking but John stops me and pushes me lightly up against the tree behind me. He presses his lips up against mine and I kiss back. We sit there kissing for a few more minutes before things start getting even more weirder. John slowly moves his hands up my shirt onto my bare skin. I moan with delight and keep on kissing him. Soon his hands come out from under my shirt and he steps back. Then he starts unbuttoning my shirt. I help him.

When my shirt is unbuttoned he pulls it off of me and cups my breasts. He then moves my tank top down so he can see my tattoo. My tattoo is in a shape of a human with sparkles forming around it.

“I love you so much.” He says as his hot body is pressed up to mine. His lips are kissing me softly and I feel as if i’m where I belong.

“I love you too!”  I hear a low purr when I lay my head on his chest. “Your purring.” I say lifting my head off of his chest and looking at him.

“Ya… I do that when I am by somebody I really like.” His face lights up with a smile and I know we'll be together forever and I am glad to know that.