Chapter Twenty-two: Sullen Girl (TRIGGER WARNING)

Riley - Chapter Twenty-two: Hurt (Riley's outfit in the external link and I highly reccommend listening to the song while reading)

"Neville, do you want to go dance?" I rolled my eyes at Ginny. Apparently, the expulsion was just a rumor! Now I still have to deal with her.

Ugh.

"Um, I-I was actually waiting to dance with Riley. Sorry." She nodded and sat down in her seat. 

"What?" Neville blushed slightly. "Oh, I forgot. Come on." We both got up and went to the far corner of the dancefloor. It was awkward with him holding me so close, but it still felt nice. And surprisingly, he didn't step on my feet or vice versa.

"I was hoping it wasn't a rumor about her." Neville said, "I don't really want to be here."

"Well, why not?" He shrugged,

"I don't get to have you as my date."

"That's your own fault."

"I know. I'm sorry I've been so mean to you lately. I've just been-"

"Jealous of Anton?" He nodded. "Why? You did this to yourself."

"I know and I messed up badly. What are you gonna do after this, though? He won't be here next year."

"So? M-My relationship with him is none of your business." He nodded again as the music slowed down. I felt a tug on my arm and looked back at Anton.

"What are you doing?"

"Calm down-"

"Let's go, love." 

Nobody's P.O.V.

Neville watched as Anton pulled Riley out of the Great Hall, the blonde girl looking back at him. He had a weird turning sensation in his stomach, but just took it as being hungry. Ginny walked over to him and quickly took over all of his attention, Jaye and Draco dancing past them. They'd been having the time of their lives tonight.

"Where do you think Razzles went?" Jaye asked,

"I have no idea. Did she do your makeup?" She nodded, "You look really beautiful. I don't know if I told you that tonight." She smiled and thanked him quietly. "Are you having fun?"

"Yeah, more than I thought I would. After what Evan did, I-I just-"

"Don't talk about him. You've broken up with him, right?" She nodded, "Great. Just worry about being happy." They continued to dance and after a while, maybe ten minutes, Fred and George walked over to the two.

"Have you seen Riley?" They asked them, but mainly Draco.

"She left out with Anton, why?" Jaye said.

"Is something wrong?"

"We need to talk to her about something." Even though Draco didn't like that the Weasley's were friends with his sister, he could respect her wished of him being nicer to them since it made her happy.

"Have you seen Riley?" Neville had walked over now. "She left her purse." 

"Let's go find her." The three left the Great Hall, Fred, George, and Neville, and searched through a bunch of classrooms. Fred and George overheard Anton talking to his friends earlier about his plans to sleep with Riley and Fred knew that if she wouldn't do it with him, she's surely not gonna do it with Anton.

After about an hour of searching, they stopped to catch their breath. They heard what sounded like crying and George realized that they were close to another classroom. He tried the doorknob and luckily, it opened. The sight in front of him was so degrading, so infuriating, that before he could think, he had stunned Anton.