Bad Day

A/N: So, this was my first ever fan fic multi-chapter story and it's been done for over a year, but I figured I'd post it here after updating and editing it a bit.  

....

Sur·viv·al: the state or fact of continuing to live or exist especially or in spite of difficult conditions.And that right there defined my life. I know, dramatic much? My school career had been spent trying to survive these hellish times. Some people say that high school is the best time of your life. Obviously, these people don't go to high school, at least not to Forks High. Yes, Forks High was a small school in a small town, but that didn't exempt it from being hell on earth.  I'd done a fairly decent job of flying below the radar of the mean girls, but nothing in life is guaranteed except death and taxes. Little did I know that today would be the day that would ruin my life. I was having a perfectly clumsy, drama-free morning until I got to English where Mr. Mason then proceeded to ruin everything.

 Standing at the podium in the front of the class, he excitedly told us that we were going to be doing some creative writing. We were to write a short story, and once it was completed, we would read an excerpt from it in front of the class.

I made a face at that. It was bad enough that I was going to have to write creatively, now I was going to have to read it front of my peers. Kill me now. I spent the class period staring at a blank piece of paper in hopes that words would magically appear. Sadly, they didn't. The girl sitting next to me must have noticed my lack of enthusiasm because she leaned over and whispered to me.

"You know, Bella, this isn't that hard. Just write something down."

I gave her a glare. She was my best friend, so a little help or sympathy would have been nice. She ignored me and went back to writing a list of ideas that she apparently had. Some days, I hated her. Angela Weber and I had been best friends since kindergarten. She was pretty, smart, creative, and very good at ignoring the death stares I had sent her way. Letting out a sigh, I continued to stare at my paper. By the time class had ended, I'd mastered the art of doodling crooked hearts with the words I love Rob Pattinson in them and had attempted to draw some plot bunnies. That was promising. No, really, it was. Or not. The idea of banging my head against my desk until I died from a self-induced brain injury was looking more and more promising.

Once the bell rang, I gathered up my crap and followed Angela out into the hallway where she proceeded to go on and on about her ideas. She asked me if I had managed to come up with any ideas, and I told her that I was going to marry Rob Pattinson, but that was it. I was about to ask her what ideas she had when someone slammed into me from behind.

"Sorry, Bells," came the voice of my other best friend, Ben Cheney.

I turned and gave him a glare.

"Learn to walk, would you," I told him.

"Oh, that's rich coming from the girl who can't walk across a flat surface without tripping," he snapped back at me.  

Jerk. I couldn't really be mad at him, though. Ben and I had been tight since second grade when he saved me from a terrible fate involving a slide and some swings. Ben and Angela had become best friends through me, and though neither of them would admit it, they were both in love with each other. It would be interesting to watch that romance unfold.

"So, whatcha talking about?" he asked us as we continued down the hall.

"Our stupid creative writing assignment. I can't believe that he's making it half our grade!" I ranted.

They both shook their heads at my ire and laughed at me. I really needed to perfect the art of the death stare, especially with those two as my best friends. We turned around a corner, and then I saw him. Edward Cullen, the most gorgeous man to grace the planet, or at least Forks High. He was tall, built, and had this beautiful bronze hair, green eyes and perfect white teeth that I'm sure Mommy and Daddy paid a fortune for. It didn't hurt that he resembled Rob Pattinson a little bit. Every time I saw him, time came to a standstill. I did my best not to stare at him as he walked down the hall with his circle of friends, but I was unable to resist. Something about him called to me. Just then, Ben nudged me with his elbow.