The Flu

Toby had parked the truck in the back and you all got out and grabbed a few bags. You tried to get more but it was weighing you down especially since you were sick. "I got it." You looked at Masky and he took most of your bags away even with his stuffed arms and started walking to the back door behind Toby. You grabbed the rest and quickly shut the trunk and jogged over and immediately felt dizzy. Toby managed to open the door and you all walked in, you were still dizzy but managed to make it to the kitchen dropping the bags on the floor and rushed to the sink, tearing off your face mask, and you vomited. "Fucking gross." Masky spoke.

"(F-f/n), I-I-I picked u-up some med-medicine." Toby rubbed your back as you turned the faucet on and cleaned your mouth.
"T-thanks." You said shaking. You wiped off your mouth and managed to rinse the sink. Toby grabbed a glass of water and handed you the pills as you popped them in your mouth and used the water to swallow them.
"G-go ah-ahead and rest. M-masky an-and I can p-put a-a-way the groceries." You nodded and slowly walked out of the kitchen and walked towards the large staircase.
"Holy... (F/n) you look like shit."
You heard Ben's familiar electronic voice.
"Feel like it too." You dizzily walked up the staircase and managed to make it to your room stripping off your pants feeling too warm, you also threw off your hoodie and laid in your bed coughing. You groaned and lied on your side. You looked at your (w/c) wall and sat up grabbing some tissues and blew your nose into them. You threw it in your trash bin and took off your socks leaving you in your undergarments and a plain t-shirt. You still felt too warm, yet cold at the same time. You stood up and walked towards your window and cracked it open looking out at the sun setting. You saw your reflection. Jeez you do look like shit, you traced the bags under your eyes and sniffled. You might have the flu. You felt your forehead and winced, it's burning. You paced around the room shivering even though you were extremely warm and wrapped your arms around yourself, your thoughts instantly went to your mother and father.

"Dad, my head hurts really bad" eight year old (F/n) said. Her mother was working late at her job as a hotel employee, she wished she were here.
"You shouldn't have went outside and played in the rain with the other kids, they could have been sick. Not to mention the rain."
She held her head frowning. He yet again drank from the bottle that contained toxic liquid that will implant in his brain soon. Her mother always told her not to drink what dad drinks.
"But da-" she was unable to finish before her father groaned.
"It's your fault you got sick now leave daddy alone."
She coughed into her arm and sniffled. She always got sick so easily.
"But dad... it hurts I need some med-"
"God dammit (F/n)!" He yelled throwing the now empty bottle at the wall and it smashed behind her.
He aimed for her.
He intended to hurt her.
Tears flew down her red cheeks and she started whimpering.
"(F/n), one more time I swear. Now go to your room. Now!" He shouted and the girl ran to her room shutting and locking the door, even if it were against the rules. No locking her door. She cried and cried and cried feeling the pain in her head, physically and emotionally even if she didn't understand it all. Why had her father tried to hurt her? Was she a bad kid? She rocked herself and whispered these thoughts to herself. This went on for awhile.

The front door opened. "Honey I'm hom-, (D/n) what did you do? Why is there a broken bottle on the floor?"
Her husband slurred answering her.
"Shut up woman, (F/n) sick and she came cr-" he hiccuped, "crying to me, it's her fault it's broken."
"You threw a glass bottle at our daughter?!" Her mother yelled obviously upset and angry at the man in the recliner.
He didn't answer.
"(D/n)! Did you hurt her?!" She threw off her shoes and ran to her daughters room and tried opening the door.
"(F/n)! (F/n) open the door sweetheart! It's mommy!" She could hear the worry in her mother's voice and she reluctantly got up feeling dizzy and managed to make it to the door and unlocked the lock and opened it partly. Her mother opened it all the way and quickly dropped to her knees holding her child's face in her hands looking everywhere for cuts or bruises. She sighed in relief seeing none.
"Mom, I-I think I'm sick. My head hurts and I'm so dizzy." Her mother felt her head and showed a face of concern. The girl had been crying for God knows how long. The girl swayed and fell into her mother's arms.
"(F/n)? (F/n) baby?" She became worried as her daughter didn't answer her. She felt her head and instantly felt hot. She was extremely sick. She looked in the room to see vomit on the floor. "(F/n)?" She wouldn't respond. (F/n)!" She picked her daughter up and quickly ran to the living room.
"(D/n) did you give her medicine?! Did she tell you see was sick?! Why didn't you help her!"
"Would you be quiet, she's fine!" He looked at his daughter, the image was blurred.
"She's unconscious (D/n)!"
He became worried for the first time. Will she leave him? She can't leave him right?
"I'm taking her to the hospital." His wife slipped on some slip on shoes and ran out the door still in her work attire.