Chapter 14 - Sirius

It was nearing the next Hogsmeade trip, and Harry felt nervous, but also excited.

Severus escorted him to where McGonnagal had all the students going on the trip gathered.

Severus slipped a scarf around his neck as Lupin came up to them, a large bag stuffed with food in his arms.

Severus stood up, looking over to Lupin, giving him a look that said, 'Keep him safe or I'll make sure you regret it.'

Lupin simply chuckles and Harry takes his hand, waving goodbye to Severus as they head off towards Hogsmeade with the other students.

It was a long hike, but eventually they made it to the cave on the hill where Sirius was living.

"Is that..?" Harry asked quietly, and Lupin nods. "That's where Sirius is. Now, don't get startled by his appearance. He can't exactly bathe or tidy himself up while living here."

Harry looks up to him and smiles. "That's okay Moony. I understand."

"I knew you would." Remus smiles, ruffling his hair. "Now let's go in."

Harry nods in agreement and takes his hand, following him in.

"Sirius, I brought you some things." Lupin says, holding up the bag.

A man comes out from seemingly nowhere, taking the bag from Lupin and looking in it.

His hair was long, black, and matted.

"How did you get so much?" He asks, pulling out something and sitting on the floor to eat it.

"Dumbledore made an exception." Lupin says. "And try to eat a little more civilly right now. I brought someone I figured you'd want to meet."

"Hm?" Sirius looked up, swallowing what he was eating. "Who..?"

Harry suddenly felt very shy as Lupin stepped aside to show him to Sirius. "Harry."

Sirius stood up slowly, moving his hair out of his face. "Dumbledore.. Let you?" Lupin nods a little. "He's been allowing a lot more things recently."

Lupin nudged Harry forward a bit. "Don't be shy. He won't hurt you. He was one of your father's best friends."

Harry nods, stepping forward shyly. "Hi.." He says quietly.

"Oh, Harry, show him your animagus form."

Sirius looked shocked. "Animagus? At that age?"

Lupin nods with an even wider smile. "Incredible, isn't he?"

Harry flushes a little at this and nods a little, and a moment later he was a Phoenix, sat on the ground, proud and tall.

"A Phoenix!" Sirius says excitedly, putting his food down and moving over to Harry, touching his feathers in wonder. "How incredible... A Phoenix.. I never would have guessed.."

He looks up at Lupin. "How is it possible?"

"We don't know.. We were all shocked, but here he is."

Eventually Harry changed back, and Lupin cast a few spells on Sirius to tidy him up.

"I brought this!" Harry says, reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a hairbrush, going over to Sirius and handing it to him. "I thought you'd want one.." He says with a small smile, and Sirius smiles greatfully, taking it and beginning to work on the knots in his hair. "Thank you Harry." He says.

Eventually, despite his loose clothes, he looked someone presentable.

"This is the best you've looked in a while." Lupin compliments, earning a smile. "Now, I wanted to ask you something."