Chapter 20 - The Yule Ball

Harry steps into the medical tent, and he noticed that the moment Madame Pomfrey saw his practically mangled arm, she turned white and immediately rushed him to a bed, forcing him to lay down as she shoved potion after potion into his face.

Severus and Dumbledore came into the tent and went over to Madame Pomfrey to talk to her.

"What's the matter with him?" Severus asks, and Madame Pomfrey looks to Harry with concern.

"He's gotten a fair amount of Dragon's blood in his injury.."

"Is that bad?"

Madame Pomfrey sifts through a box of potions bottles frantically.

"I don't know, that's the problem. Surprisingly, with all the dragon trainers, none of them have ever gotten Dragon's blood into any of their injuries. I'm not sure if it's a bad thing or not, and I don't know if there will be any negative effects or not."

"So.. What are you going to do?"

"Nothing much I can do." Madame Pomfrey says, handing yet another potion to Harry to drink. "I should probably keep him in the Hospital wing to observe him though. Observe any changes."

"Changes?"

"Change in core temperature, blood pressure, white blood cell count, things like that."

Severus nods a little, watching Harry for a bit before sitting in a chair beside the bed. Madame Pomfrey comes over to them and murmurs a spell, waving her wand over Harry's arm. The gash in his arm magically heals, leaving a large scar in its' place.

When they were finished, Severus helped Harry down, immediately heading to Dumbledore, Harry grasping his hand tightly.

"Albus, I will not allow for Harry to compete in one more tournament. It is far too dangerous and I will not stand for it."

Dumbledore sighs. "I assumed you would say as much.. I will talk to Mr.Crouch and see if he can have Mr.Potter disqualified.."

"Good." Severus nods in satisfactory.

"However.. He will have to dance with the other Champions at the Yule Ball. He was technically a champion, therefore, he must join them."

Severus opened his mouth to say something, but closed it, his lips pressed tight as he restrained himself.

He turned sharply on his heel and strode out of the room, his robes billowing behind him as Harry copied him, turning sharply and striding out dramatically behind Severus.

It was the night of the Yule Ball.

Harry, reluctantly joined hand with one of the Patil twins - he couldn't even remember which one was which - and stepped out onto the ball floor.

Everything was silent to him, but he could see people applauding, and the Patil twin he was with put his hand on her waist and joined their hands together, catching him by surprise as she led him through the dancing.

He didn't know the tempo, so he had no idea how he was supposed to dance properly. He kept stepping on her feet and mumbling 'Sorry' nearly 10 times every minute.

After what seemed like forever, the dance ended, and Harry rushed off and sat down, his head in his hands.

He felt a tapping on the top of his head and he looked up, seeing the twin he had been dancing with.

"Are you going to invite me to dance?" She asked, looking a little annoyed.

"I can't hear the music.. It's too hard to dance.." He looked at her apologetically. "Sorry.."