Chapter 9 - Hogsmeade

The next trip to Hogsmeade just couldn't come fast enough.

Harry sat in front of the fire, playing with his little stuffed dog wolf thing and other toys he had received at Christmas.

"Dad?" He asks quietly.

"Yes, Harry?" Snape responded, not looking up as he turned a page in his potions book.

"You said something about... Death Eaters... Are they going to kill me...?"

Snape looked over to him sadly, setting his book down and motioning Harry over to him, whom put his toys down and ran to Snape, crawling up into his lap.

"Understand me when I say this, Harry." He says quietly, making sure Harry was paying attention to him. "I will never let anything hurt you if I can help it. I will never let anyone pick on you, or mess with you, or harm you in any way. Understand?"

Harry nods and hugs Snape around the middle, closing his eyes.

Making up his mind, Snape does something he's never done before.

He hums.

Snape holds Harry close, humming a tune of a song he heard on the muggle radio in a pub, the deep rumbling of his voice almost.. Calming to Harry.

Harry leaned his ear against Snape's chest, his eyes shut as he enjoyed the moment.

It was almost as if he could hear again.

Harry falls asleep slowly, and Snape takes his glasses off and sets them on the table on top of his shut book, taking Harry to his room.

His mind wandered as he walked slowly and carefully, as to not jostle the child into waking.

He laid Harry down carefully, using his wand to move the blankets out of the way.

Carefully, he drapes the blankets back over him, sitting on the side of the bed.

He watched Harry silently, concern lacing his features.

What if Death Eaters did come....?

And what would Draco do once he finds out his own father is in the organization that seems destined to kill Harry - his best friend?

What would Lucius do once he found out Draco was friends with the Boy Who Lived..?

Would he be angry?

Perhaps he would be happy.. Thinking that Draco would pass him information about Harry to make his capture easier...

No.

Draco would never do something like that. He cares far too much about Harry to so something like that to him.

But what about Sirius...?

Severus knew he was a good man, from what he heard from Lupin, he'd changed a lot since school, but.. Spending 12 years in Azkaban, he couldn't have exactly escaped completely sane.

Snape sighs gently, standing up carefully and exiting the room with a swoosh of his cloak.

He needed rest...

He sighed heavily, going to his room and closing the door, sitting on his bed and taking his shoes and robes off, changing into pajamas.

He really needed rest...

Snape laid down, eyes shut as he attempted to sleep, his dreams plagued with thoughts of Voldemort's terrifying return.

The next morning, Snape awoke to little Harry laying on top of him, snoozing soundly.