Chapter 24 - Revealed

Harry woke up, hearing muffled whispering from somewhere unknown.

Where was he anyways..? And who was talking..?

He cracked his eyes open, wincing a bit as he looked around. Everything was blurry, and he was too exausted to reach over for his glasses.

Defeated, he sighed and closed his eyes again, trying to pay attention to the voices.

He couldn't recognize the voices, due to his partial deafness, but he could tell that his hearing was a good bit better now, for some reason. Not that he was complaining.

"Severus, I told you, he's fragile. Any more misuse of magical energy, and you can kiss him goodbye to St. Mungos."

"That's not-"

"Don't you dare say I'm overreacting, because I'm not. Madame Pomfrey agreed with me on this, and you'll be damned if you even think of disagreeing with her."

"I was not-"

"Severus. Listen, I know you're worried - I am too - but we have to realize that this isn't going to be all sunshine and dasies anymore. Voldemort is coming - I'm sure you can feel it as much as Harry can - and as I said before, he can't use his magic. So what are we going to do? Not allow him to fight his own battle?"

"I don't know, Remus." Severus growls before sighing. "I just.. Don't know. I don't know what to allow Harry to do or what to not allow him to do.. I would rather fight the Dark Lord myself.."

"But if Harry finds that out, he will get in the way like he did with you and Lucius, and maybe next time, he won't be in his Phoenix form. He won't always be there to save your life, you know."

"I know that." Severus hisses in annoyance. "I am not expecting him to save me. I am the one that is supposed to be saving him, not the other way around."

Lupin sighs softly, leaning his back against the doorframe.

"Listen, Severus, I think you need to go sleep. You haven't slept a wink since Harry's been in the Hospital Wing, and I'm sure he'd disapprove as much as Madame Pomfrey and I are."

Severus sighs in response, looking over to Harry. "I cannot sleep while he is still unconcious.. It worries me.."

"Yes, it worries everyone, but you need sleep. So, go back to your commons, get some rest. I'll let you know if Harry even dreams of waking up, alright?"

Severus sighs finally in defeat, nodding silently and leaving without another word.

Lupin sighs with relief and closes the doors to the Hospital Wing, pulling up a chair and sitting beside Harry's bed.

"Harry, you can open your eyes now." He says, and Harry nearly flinches.

Lupin reaches over and gets Harry's glasses, placing them on his face and helping him sit up.

"How'd you know I was awake..?"

"I saw you open your eyes for a moment." Lupin chuckles lightly. "Better be glad Severus didn't see you."

Harry nods a little, silently.

After a moment, he looked up to Lupin, tears in his eyes, threatening to fall.

"I.. I'm sorry.. Moony.." He whispers quietly, tears beginning to fall down his face, and Lupin pulled him into a tight hug, rubbing his back gently

"Dear Cub..... What on Earth are you sorry for..?"

"I'm.. Im always causing so much trouble.. For you.. And dad.. And everybody.. I'm sorry... I make you all worry so much..."

Lupin hugged Harry tighter, before pulling away and looking at him seriously. "Don't you dare say such things, Harry. Yes, we worry, but for good reason. You can't just blame yourself for what's happened recently. It is not your fault."

Harry looked down silently, not quite believing him.

Eventually, Lupin left Harry to sleep, but Harry stayed up, practicing his wordless, wandless magic silently to himself.

He spent the next few weeks or so that he spent in the Hospital Wing, doing so, practicing for the upcoming war that he knew was bound to happen eventually.

Harry decided to call it War Part 2, since their first war hadn't been won by either side.

Draco decided to visit him after breakfast one morning before class, but when he opened the doors to the Hospital Wing, he nearly gasped in surprise as he watched Harry silently levitate a potion bottle, which consisted of his Magic Replenisher, into his hand, smiling contently to himself.

Draco walked over carefully, sitting down in the chair beside Harry after he had drank the potion, startling him.

"O-Oh, Draco. I didn't know you were here.." Harry mumbled awkwardly, and Draco smiles a bit in return.

"So.. You can do magic without a wand..?" Draco asks with interest, and Harry flushes a little and looks down.

"Please don't tell anyone.. I'm um.. Actually not supposed to be using my magic.. But.. I just can't help it.."

Draco smiles a bit, leaning over and kissing him on the cheek. "I understand. I won't tell."

Harry smiles shyly, and thankfully.

"Oh, come to think of it.." Draco began quietly. "It's been a little while since the Yule Ball..."

Harry nods a bit. "Yeah..? So..?"

"Well... We haven't really talked much about.. That night.."

Harry blushed a little at the memory and glanced away. "Y-Yeah..."

Draco leaned in a bit towards Harry. "Do you want to... Do it again..?"

Harry shrugs, turning his head away a little. "Y-You have class don't you..?"

"I'm sure Snape wouldn't mind if I was a few minutes late to class." Draco chuckles.

"Y-You really should go.. I-I mean.. Dad isn't t-too forgiving when um.. When it comes to b-being late.."

Draco simply rolls his eyes with a smirk and kisses Harry gently, making him fall silent.

Harry closes his eyes into the kiss without another word as Draco puts a hand on his cheek. He lifts himself up onto the side of the bed so he could get closer to Harry as their kiss gradually becomes more.. Desperate.

After a long moment, they pull apart, their breaths shallow.

Draco smiles, grabs his bag, stands, and casts one last look at Harry, saying, "I'll see you after classes." before leaving with a playful wink.

Harry just sat there, his face bright red, and his hair a mess as he tried to figure out what just happened.