Chapter 3 - Dumbledore's Office

Lupin walked into the Great Hall for dinner, late.

He had been at a muggle library, using their computers to look up information on the Dursley's.

The Dursley's were a very well off family. Petunia stayed home while Vernon worked, and after a few phone calls, he managed to get even more useful information about them.

Vernon had a very bad temper. He often got excused home for losing his temper, but for some reason they decided to keep him there.

Lupin sighed as he sat down beside Snape.

"Troubling first day, wolfy?" Severus said irrirably, and Lupin glared at him for the nickname. "The classes were fine, Severus. Or would you prefer Snivellus? Or Sev?"

Snape scowled darkly. "Professor Snape works perfectly fine."

Lupin smirked. "Then just call me Remus, or Lupin, whatever you want."

"Remus works fine."

Lupin nodded in agreement.

"So what has you so tense? The full moon is not until a few weeks."

Lupin sighed softly.

"I.. Promised him I wouldn't tell anyone..." Snape watched him. "Who?"

"Harry."

"Ah." He leaned back in his seat a bit, looking to the Gryffindor table and spotting the familiar mess of black hair and round glasses.

"That reminds me, could I get a Replenisher or two?"

"For Potter?" Lupin nods. "He doesn't have enough magical energy to heal himself properly." Snape hums in thought.

"I have a meeting with the headmaster soon - if you wish, we should go together and get all the news out at once, whatever you may be keeping to yourself." Remus nodded. "I suppose that'd be best. Let Dumbledore know, will you? I have to go talk to Harry quickly before he goes up to bed." Severus nods. "I will."

"Thank you."

Nearing the end of the feast, Lupin stood, walking over to the Gryffindor table, gaining the attention of pretty much everyone in the Great Hall.

He bent down beside Harry, so only him and maybe a few others who were really listening could hear him. "Hey cub, how's the stuff working for you?"

Harry smiled a bit at the nickname. "It's working well. They're all pretty much gone now." Lupin smiles. "That's wonderful. I have a meeting with Dumbledore and Severus, so I'll let them know enough without actually going into detail, is that alright?"

Harry nods.

"Also, I'm getting the Replenisher from Snape, and I'll give it to you by owl at breakfast, okay?"

Harry nods again. "Thank you, um.."

"You can call me Moony. Everyone in the pack did, anyways." He smiles and stands up, tousling his hair, making Harry giggle. "See ya, cub."

"Bye Moony."

Lupin walked back to the staff table. "I'll be a bit late to the meeting this evening, I have a couple things I need to take care of first." He says to Severus.

"What was that about?" He asked, pointing to the Gryffindor table.

"Oh, I was letting Harry know about the Replenisher and the meeting."

Severus nods a bit.

"Well, I'll be off. I'll try to be fast."

Severus nods again, and Lupin sets off.