Chapter- 19

EDITED: 20th March 2019

Brooklyn.

I smiled so wide, my cheeks were hurting. He looked at me with an unreadable expression,

"Yes. I would love to go on a date with you." I said and he grinned once again showing his pearly whites.

"So it's settled then, I'll pick you up tomorrow from your room." He said with a wink making me chuckle.

---

The next day

I looked in the mirror once again, somehow feeling nervous for this date with Devin. I wasn't experienced in these matters, at all. Even though I had already been with Devin on a date once I'd like to think this was our first real one and that fact didn't calm my nerves one bit.

I was wearing a dark blue short sleeveless dress which had flowers printed on it and reached mid-thigh. I hoped I have dressed appropriately for where we were going since I had no clue about the place.

My makeup was minimal; just a little mascara and lipgloss. My hair was left free it in its natural wavy texture. I didn't bother straightening it. For shoes, I was wearing dark blue pumps to match with my dress.

Overall, I was actually satisfied with how I looked today.

A few minutes later, a knock was heard at the door. Suddenly, I started feeling giddy and butterflies swarmed in my stomach. My nerves heightened and I shyly walked to the door only to open it and see Devin looking smoking hot in a white t-shirt and tight ripped jeans.

I scanned him up and down like a dog hawking a piece of meat, with no shame. When I finally looked at his gorgeous face, a smirk settled on his lips and I knew he saw me checking him out.

But to my surprise, he made no cocky comment regarding that. Instead just stared at me with an expression I could only describe as adoration and then looked down, muttering something in Italian.

He then snapped out of his daze and smiled at me,

"Shall we, Bella?" He said and outstretched his hand towards me, his thick Italian accent slipping through his tongue making me almost moan. Now that would be embarrassing.

"We shall," I say and slip my hand in his, making sparks tingle all over my skin.

I don't think I could ever get used to them.

---

We have been sitting in the car for the past 30 minutes and each time I asked Devin where we were going he would say it's a 'surprise'.

At this point, I am so frustrated and curious,

"Please tell me where we are going." I plead again, putting on a puppy dog face.