Chapter- 05

EDITED: 17 March 2019

Brooklyn.

I sat on my desk chair, glaring at the documents in front of me. I was the assistant manager meaning whatever the butthead of a manager found difficult was passed on to me. And it wasn't like writing down the income of our restaurant was a difficult task, the fat pig was just lazy.

I normally wasn't this disrespectful to someone, I was raised to respect everyone around me. But, the manager Roger, was a totally different matter.

He was the biggest pervert I have ever met and always tried to feel me up. Not only me, but all the waitresses also disliked him as he always tried to get in our personal space. He almost kissed me one day, but I had tilted my head avoiding it subtly. He was annoyed, yes but I didn't want to give my first kiss to some ugly man with a beer belly who probably only wanted one thing from me; sex.

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. I wanted nothing more than to go home. I was tired, as I had completed all of Roger's work today leaving mine pending. I could quit the job, but that would mean finding a new one. And in the busy city of New York, it was nearly impossible unless you sold your body or had plenty of money. And I wasn't going to do that nor did I have so much money. If I did, I wouldn't be working.

I glanced at the watch on my hand, I still had a lot of work pending, meaning 2 hours till I could go home. I craved fresh air, and so I slipped out of my little cabin and into the backside intending to go out from the backdoor only too see no one but Roger, and a tiny little girl, tinier than me, trapped against the wall. She was dressed in a waitress uniform and when I saw the tears flowing through her cheeks, I knew I had to step in before he did something bad.

"Move away from her, Roger." I sneered the best I could in my natural soft voice. I probably sounded like a kitten trying to roar, but I didn't care. I needed to act tough. Even if I felt fear inside. I mean, I knew little self-defense but in front of his huge figure, I was small.

He jumped subtly but turned towards me showing the nasty smirk on his face. I didn't know how people like him could actually sleep at night.

"And why would I do that, bitch?" He said in his scrawny voice, making me flinch. No one was near the backdoor of the restaurant, probably busy in the kitchen or doing tables meaning, we were alone.

"Now move along, unless you want to join us." He said, dismissing me. I was hesitant to stay as I knew, he was a lot stronger and men like him had no respect for women but I stood my ground when I saw the pleading look on the girl's face. If I was her, I would want someone to save me too.

"I will go away, but not without the girl," I said and he groaned as if annoyed.

"I think it's time I finally teach you a lesson, whore." He said and lunged to hit me, but as soon as he was close enough I bought my knee up and kicked him in his manhood, hard. He fell to the ground, clutching himself and screaming in pain and anger.