Chapter- 13

EDITED: 19th March 2019

Brooklyn.

"Good joke. But I am serious." I say, chuckling.

"Me too, piccola. You aren't leaving." He says seriously and that's when I know he isn't kidding me.

"B-but why can't I leave?" I stutter.

"Because you are in danger. The people who harmed you could do it again. If you stay here, I will keep you safe." He says looking into my eyes and I almost get lost in his.

"But why am I a target? I haven't done anything!" I exclaim loudly in frustration and his eyes darken in anger. Before I even knew what was happening, he was on top of me. He then leaned in close,

"Listen here, Brooklyn. I do not like it when people yell at me so unless you want to know the consequences, keep that pretty little mouth of your's in control. Got it?" He whispered darkly in my ear and I shivered.

"Y-yes," I whisper back and he moved from above me almost immediately. I sit back up, breathing hard.

"And as for why you are a target," He says stroking my cheek.

"You are my girl and my only weakness. And they can't harm me that easily so you were their second option." He says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I am your girl? What does that even mean?" I ask.

"It means that you are mine and no one else gets to have you." He all but growls and I nod, not wanting to anger him again. Disagreeing with a mafia boss is not on my to-do list right now.

"Can I at least talk to my family and get my things from home?" I ask and he nods.

"I will have someone take you. For now, freshen up. I'll leave some clothes for you." He says, picking up the empty dishes and walking out.

I let myself fall back on the bed and think about the situation I got stuck in. I never wanted to get involved in something like this. What am I even going to tell my mother when I visit her? That, I am going to live with an insanely hot mafia boss because I am in danger and he will protect me?

My life is such a mess.

---
I walked out of the shower, a thin towel wrapped around my body. I saw Diavolo placing some clothes on the bed. Luckily his back was to me so he didn't see me yet.

He turned around, his eyes raking up and down my barely covered body and darkening. He groaned and I saw him shift his pants. I blushed, beyond embarrassed. He stalked towards me and my grip on my towel tightened. I looked down as he was in front of me so that he would not see my red cheeks. He gripped my chin,

"Look at me, piccola." He said and I looked up at him shyly. He smirked,

"Good girl." He said and I felt my heart flutter. He is so dominating, I kind of love it.