Room of Requirement*

(Vienna. December 18th, 1943)

    I was in so much trouble. My head was spinning furiously with the situation I was stuck in currently and my steps were quick and wobbly. I was absolutely terrified. No one was supposed to figure these things out. I was supposed to have been careful, to make sure no one puts the pieces together, and almost chuckled realizing that Abraxas Malfoy had put them together before Tom Riddle. Clever boy. Malfoy's hand was still in mine as I led him out of the library, quickly stopping for a few moments to gather my things, before grabbing him again and practically running out of the library. The other students had looked at the two of us in shock and jealousy. Great. I was leading him to the Room of Requirement, something that I had completely forgotten about up until this very moment, and practically hit myself when I remembered the secret room. I held on tightly to the boy I was practically dragging behind me, almost as if I was afraid he'd slip away and run back to Tom to tell him he was right. 

    I took the stairs two at a time, stumbling along the way and my breath leaving my body in short spurts. I was completely out of shape. Malfoy was having a bit of a better time, he was the Slytherin Seeker after all, so he was used to the hard workouts for Quidditch. I didn't say anything to him as I took him up to the seventh floor, and tugged harder on his hand when he began to slow down in trepidation. "Where are we going Vienna?" He asks me as I round the corner and spot the tapestry of Barnabas the Barny. "A safe place." I say back to him over my shoulder, dropping his hand and beginning to pace in front of the invisible door to the room. "What.." I shush him quickly and throw him a glare before shutting my eyes tightly. I need a safe place. I need a safe place. I need a safe place. I repeat to myself as I continue my pacing. My hands running through my hair in the process, and I'm sure Malfoy was looking at me like I was crazy. I open my eyes to see the door to the room appear, and take a glance at a very shocked Abraxas Malfoy. I chuckle quietly at the look on his face, before grabbing his hand again and throwing open the door. 

    Inside the walls are lined with bookshelves, all filled to the brim with books I've never read, comfortable couches outline a cozy fireplace and a desk sits in the corner. Malfoy snorts at the color choice for the room, and I laugh at loud at the fact that everything is red and gold. The Gryffindor colors. I stop my laughing and pull Malfoy over to one of the couches, pushing him down to sit before resuming my pacing in the room. "This is the Room of Requirement." I say to him, gesturing around the room. "I completely forgot it existed up until this day. All you do is pace outside the door three times and think of what you need, and it provides it for you. This room is not on any map, and not very many know of it." I say to his confused stature. He nods his head slowly at me in understanding. "How do you know of it?" He asks me carefully. My head begins spinning again. "I need help. I don't know what to do. Shit." I say loudly, throwing my hands in the air in exasperation and causing Malfoy to jump. His grey eyes are as wide as saucers at my very un-ladylike terminology. A chuckle comes from the far corner and the two of us whip around at the sound with our wands drawn. "You do realize that ladies don't speak like that in this time, don't you Vienna?" 

    The Dark Lord steps out of the shadows with his eyes trained on me. I suck in a breath at his appearance once again. He's wearing a finely tailored suit, and the stubble that was on his head had grown out. Streaks of grey could be seen in his crimson hair, and his skin had grown darker. I just starred at the man before me, taking in the changes one by one and trying to process why the bloody hell he was here. "Hello Abraxas." He says to the boy behind me, causing my brain to finally catch up and anger to fill my veins. "Are you insane?!" I practically squeal at him and I could see from the corner of my eye Malfoy jump at the noise. "What are you doing here?! You can't just come here! This is not alright Tom! You can't just appear in front of Abraxas! What the hell are you doing here?!" All throughout my squealing rant, the Dark Lord's smirk had grown wider and he was taking steady steps towards me. "Tom?" I heard Malfoy's timid voice from behind me. I could feel the blood drain from my face at what I had just let slip, and physically smacked myself in the forehead for how completely stupid I was being today. The Dark Lord chuckles at my actions before he focuses his attention at the boy behind me. "Yes. My name is Tom." He says to him, his voice less of a hiss than the last time I saw him. "You look like..." Abraxas begins to say before the Dark Lord cuts him off. "That's because I am." This time my eyes are the one to go as wide a saucers, as I openly gape at the man before me. The Dark Lord chuckles at me again, before resting his hands on my shoulders. "You said you needed help Vienna. What with?" He asks while giving me a slight shake. I gesture over to Abraxas and the Dark Lord nods his head in understanding before sighing heavily. 

    "I understand the predicament you have gotten yourself into. I must remind you Vienna, that not telling anybody your secret was your idea, not mine. You have to admit you need someone to confide in other than Albus Dumbledore." He says to me, his brown eyes boring into mine. "But he's part of your little group. How can I trust him? How can I even begin to explain?" I ask tiredly, rubbing my forehead and trying to clear the growing headache that was beginning. "You can trust Abraxas. He's skilled at Occlumency. I cannot read his mind, and besides, Abraxas can inform you on what I'm planning. He already figured out this much Vienna, even if you wipe his memories, it doesn't mean he won't figure it out again." His ending words sends a chill throughout my body. "You remember?" I ask him, referring to over a month ago when I wiped his younger self's mind with my druid magic. "Yes. But only because you eventually let me." He says quietly, a somber look coming upon his face and confusing me. "Trust is a tricky thing. I do not think Abraxas will betray you." I nod my head in understanding and let out a sigh. The Dark Lord gives me a tight smile before letting my shoulders go and taking a few steps back. "Thank you Tom." I say to him, turning away and focusing my attention back on Abraxas. "Lovely to see you Vienna. Good luck." With a burst of wind the Dark Lord vanishes, and I gesture to the couch once again. "You might want to sit. This could take a while." I say to Abraxas who had his gaze fixed on the spot the future Tom Riddle was just standing at. He eventually nods his head slowly at me, and sits upon the couch.