Chapter 10

When I woke up, his arms were around my waist, my face in his chest. I carefully got up and went downstairs to fix us some breakfast. As I turned the stove on, a arm wrapped around me and turned it off. He placed a kiss on my cheek and turned me around. "I need to talk to you." "Alright." He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the family room. I sat in his lap, facing him. "I uh...I'm going to be away for a while..." I felt my whole body tense and my heart shatter. Not again. This can't happen again. "No...no. You can't leave me again." "I won't baby. I'll never leave you. Not again. I love you too much to leave. I don't even want to go, but I have to. Alright?" I nodded slowly, not looking at him. Tears slowly rolled down my cheeks. "Babe please don't cry. I'll be back for you. I promise." "Triple swear?" He smiled small. "Triple swear." He locked his pinky with mine with a smirk. "I'm just...I don't want to relive that abandonment..." "You won't have to...You won't." I kissed him softly on the lips, tears hitting my arms as I wrapped them around his neck. He pulled me closer, kissing me roughly. "Harry..." I mumbled, pulling away from him. "How long will you he gone?" "A month...about." I nodded sadly, looking down at my lap. "That's how long you said you'd be gone last time...You were gone for over three years." "I'm so sorry about that. I promise I'll be back..." "Yeah? Well, we'll see...When do you leave?" "Saturday." "That settles it then, as soon as you leave, I'm going back." "What? No! Stay here baby... please." "Why does it matter if I stay here or not?" "I'll have peace of mind knowing where you are." "Alright. I'll stay here." I said, crossing my fingers behind his head. "Thank you." I nodded and got off him. "I'm uh...I'm going to go take a shower." "Alright...I love you." "I love you too." I said, running upstairs. I flung open the bathroom door, sitting on the floor and crying. This is how he gets away from me. 'You're nothing to him. Why do you think he left you?' Liam's words kept coming back to me. 'He just feels sorry for you.' I broke the razor and slid it across my skin. It gave me a rush, making the pain go away for even just a second. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I cut some more. There was a knock on the door, making me jump and cause the blade to go even deeper. "Shit." "Babe? You okay in there?" "Yeah Harry...Yeah. I'm fine." "You don't sound right. Let me in baby." "Harry I'm fine. I swear." "Anna, let me in." I wiped the blood off quickly, pulling the sleeves of the jumper down. I stood up and hesitantly opened the door. "Babe what's wrong? I thought you were gonna take a shower." "I was just thinking." His arms went under mine and hugged me softly. "I know you're lying...Talk to me if you need to." I nodded. "Alright." "You sound weak." He mumbled, kissing my cheek and walking away. As I shut the door, I looked at the bloody razor in the sink. It's the only thing that can take the pain away. That and Harry, but Harry is my trigger. I decided to cut again. After all, it takes away the pain so why not? The thing is, I hit a vein and it all went dark.

****

I woke up, looking around the empty room. "Harry?" The bathroom door opened and he walked out, bags under his eyes. "Anna!" He ran over to me and pulled me into his arms. "Why'd you do that to yourself?" He was crying as we hugged. I pulled away, looking at my lap. I ignored his question. "Thank you for helping me Harry. It means a lot."

'He feels sorry for you.'

"I was so scared when I found you. I thought you were dead then I felt a pulse. I didn't want to take you to the hospital because I know you hate them and I do too so I-" I pressed my lips to his. "I'm okay." He climbed in bed beside me. "How long have I been out?" "About 30 minutes. Well, it had been thirty minutes since I found you." I nodded, turning on my side away from him. "Anna...Babe, what's wrong? Did I do something?" "I'm just dizzy is all." "Anna, look at me. Please." He turned me around. "Your face is pale." "I feel sick." "Do you need to th-" "I'm fine." "What happened? Why'd you cut?" "'You're nothing to him. Why do you think he left you?'" "Is this still about me leaving? And what Liam said?" "You don't know what it feels like. You don't know what it feels like to get left behind by someone you love who said they'd never leave you. Do you think it's easy for me to just forget that? Here I am, trying to do it all again and I can't! I'm trying but I can't! I can't relive you doing that to me again! I can't-I want to trust you but I can't! I just don't wanna lose you again." He pulled me into his arms, silencing my crying. "I'm so sorry about that, but you have to know, I'd never do that again. I love you so much. More than you'll ever know. I love you to the moon and back a million times. I'll never leave you." I crashed my lips onto his, crying. He pulled away, holding me securely. I cried into his chest. "You're okay...I've got you love." "I love you..." I mumbled, barely a whisper. "I love you too."