Chapter 18 - Can't think of a chapter name...

Chapter 18 -  Can't think of a chapter name... (sorry, have a head cold - you will just have to make up your own chapter name!)

“Why is everyone looking at me strangely?” Patience asked Josh at Lunch.  “I mean, look at them, they’re all staring at us.  They’ve been doing that to me all morning - and they’ve been whispering.”

“That’s because they know what we did last night,” Josh shrugged.

“What did we do last night?”

He leaned into her kissing and nuzzling her neck, “I think they are more interested in what they think we’ve been doing!”

“Ohh my gawd!  I’ve got your cooties!  Eeeew!” her alarmed whisper was almost smothered by his shoulder as she hid.

“That’s right cupcake, As far as they know I’ve smeared my cooties all over you, inside and out!” he kissed her neck again as she squirmed in his arms.

“Gross Josh!”

“Can you please keep your hands off my sister for five minutes,” Loyal growled as he slumped into the chair next to Josh, “The school is going crazy with rumours and gossip about you two.  It’s driving me insane!  I protected her reputation for almost 4 years and after less than a week of dating you, she’s a pregnant slut who ties you to the bed and whips you to get her thrills.  It’s doing my head in.”

“I do what?” Patience spun in Josh’s arms to look wide eyed at Loyal.

“And that’s not the worst of it.  According to the guys, Josh is blackmailing me but no one can agree on what incriminating evidence he has over me.  That red-headed-girl thought he might have photos of me sleeping with the substitute Math teacher, Ms O’Connor,” Loyal shivered, “Jessica thinks it has something to do with a gambling debt from our semi-regular poker game,” then he growled, “and Alistair was trying to tell me some crap that I won’t repeat and neither will he, which is why he is walking around with a black eye, asshole.”

“Hang on, did you say they thought I was pregnant?  And what was that about the whips?”

“It’s all since that stupid auction.  Before that no one figured that you were that serious.  But the auction blew everyone away.  Now it’s all anyone can talk about - why Josh paid so much for Patience, why Josh is dating Patience, why Patience is dating at all, why I’m not kicking Josh’s ass, and the latest gossip has you guys and Jake in some sordid love triangle with the occasional ménage trios and all sorts of kinky stuff.  Hell Patience, you have gone from Library nerd to Dominatress overnight, if it didn’t piss me off so much - I’d be impressed.”

“Dominatress?”

“Ohh,” Josh’s eyes lit up, “Let’s encourage that one, I could find you a leather corset to wear to school tomorrow and a riding whip!”

“Shut up!” Patience whacked Josh in the arm.