Chapter 2 - Watt the Fudge Cake?

Chapter 2 - Watt the fudge Cake?

Serenity slumped at Loyal's table and dropped her head on the table.  The whole table stopped talking.  As unusual as it was to see Serenity on her own without a male accessory adorning her, it was even stranger to see her looking less than... well, less than chipper.  She was bubbly and in one word she was 'blonde' (apologies to all those blondes out there who do remember to breathe without audio reminders). 

“Umm Serenity honey, is there anything wrong?” the bottle redhead with the fake boobs, that no one seemed to know the name of, asked.

“Ohh, when, when will he come?” Serenity moaned to the table top.

“Pick me! Pick me!  I’ll come any time you want me too!” Josh waved his hand in the air like he was answering some sort of pop-quiz, pop being the emphasised term.

“That’s my sister, idiot,” growled Loyal as the palm of his hand collided with the back of Josh’s head.

 “She was moaning!  Come on Loyal, you know how that turns me on!”

“She’s breathing too Josh.  That’s enough for you isn’t it?”

“Point taken,” he shrugged. “So how about it Serenity, you want a ride on the love boat?”

Loyal re-thwacked the back of Josh’s head and he glared at his friend.

“Ewwww,” Serenity lifted her head off the table, “Pleeaassee, I have standards!”

“Really?  What are they?  Come on Serenity what are you looking for in a man?”

“Well,” she drew out the word as she stared off into space, “He’d be tall but not too tall.”

“Tick,” Josh nodded as his finger made the motion.

“Handsome,”

“Tick,”

“You know with a rippling muscular chest, at least a 6 pack, and hot biceps.”

“Tick, tick.”

“And he would have to dote on me and adore me.”

“Yeah, I could do that for the time it took - so tick!  I am your perfect man.  Me.  I’m all here.  Why wait Serenity.  We could be great together.”

“Shut up Josh!  Don’t hit on my sister or I will break your nose or some other piece off your body.”

“Hum, is this multi-choice because I think you need another couple of options,” Josh smirked back at Loyal.

Serenity ignored Josh and picked up the carrot stick that lay on her otherwise empty plate, which was in the middle of her empty tray.  The other girls immediately looked at their salads with guilty expressions.

“It’s a week to my birthday. I need to have a party.  A big party.”

Everyone at the table turned to Serenity.  The girls squealed and clapped their palms together carefully avoiding their manicured fingernails from touching.  The boys fist pumped and nodded while grunting some sort of Neanderthal exclamation.

“Umm, Serenity,” Loyal grimaced.  “Patience isn’t going to like this.”

“Who?  Look Loy, I only have a birthday every now and then.  So I should celebrate them when they happen.  I don’t want to wait until the next one.  She can do what she wants to do when it’s her birthday.”