Chapter 20 - OMG The boy without a Dog's Name is in Love with Me!

Chapter 20 - OMG The Boy without a Dog's Name is in Love with Me!

Patience reached the cage just as the door was flung open.  Out stepped Jake.  He didn’t acknowledge the man who handed him the cash he just pushed it into his back pocket.

“What the hell!” Patience strode up to Jake.  “What, the, hell, are, you, doing, here?” She poked him in the chest with each word.  Although she was mad she couldn’t help but notice the art work on his body.  Disappearing into the waistband of his jeans was a lifelike tattoo of a handgun and there was a piece of barbed wire that curled around his chest.  It disappeared, seemingly piercing the skin where his heart would be, and reappearing and inch later dripping in blood only to wind downwards and follow the trail of hair that started below his bellybutton.  Patience forced her eyes back to his amused face. 

“Want to see where my tattoo’s lead?” Jake smirked.

“What?  No!” She could feel her cheeks heating up.  “Why the hell are you here Jake?  I can’t believe you would do this!  What were you thinking?  Are you an idiot?  You could have been killed in there!  If it was for the money you could have...”

She didn’t finish her rant as Jake picked her up and thrust her against the cage wall crashing his lips down on hers.  She struggled against the weight of his sweaty body but she was trapped.

“Kiss me back or we’re dead,” Jake hissed against her lips between kisses.

Patience froze.  He eyes flicked over his shoulder and she remembered where they were.  She slowly thread her fingers through his hair and tried to ignore their audience, tried to deny how good it felt and tried to suppress the guilt. 

“Babe, I’m the man.  I wear the pants except when I’m in yours,” He laughed coldly and loud enough to be heard.  Then he turned and bumped fists with a large guy with more piercings than was sanitary and with her hand in his he dragged her away from the cage, “Come woman, you need to show me some respect, right now.”

“What the hell are you doing here?” he growled under his breath as he pulled her out of the crowd.

“Serenity called me,” she blushed.  Her knees were wobbly and her body felt all light and tingly.

“Serenity? Serenity’s here?” His eyes combed the crowd until he found her, “I’m going to kill them.”

Before she could ask what he meant by that, he was pulling her through the crowd again.

“Jake man, nice fight, both fights,” Spike laughed and Patience blushed. “Although I thought the girl had you on the ropes.  Is she gonna add ink to your wire?” He nodded to the barbed wire tattoo on Jake’s chest.

Jake looked at Patience before turning to answer Spike, “Probably.”

“I don’t get you man, half the woman in here would do you in a flash, without marking your skin... much,” Spike shook his head when Jake looked unmoved, “So, you fighting Stan next?”

“Yeah, so what’s she doing here?” he nodded his head towards Serenity.

“What the boy wants, the boy gets, especially on fight days,” Spike shrugged.

Jake swore under his breath as he looked towards the door.  Then his eyes narrowed as they returned to Spike. 

“Serenity, you’re going home with your sister after this,” Jake said the words slowly without taking his eyes off Spike.

 “Now Jake, you know I can’t let you do that,” Spike’s grin was frightening.  “And your woman and I have a business deal to finalise.”