Chapter 20

Sorry guys! I did this on my phone and pasted this on my dad's iPad. I really hope there's no major mistakes. :/ anywho, enjoy!

~~~

They let me out today. I couldn't last another day in the hospital. They had good food, I admit that, but I didn't want to white the walls every again. I rather see pink and purple. At least Ruby has colors on her walls. Ruby's parents signed a paper and gave me pain killers. Ruby's mom looked tired and sad. Ruby's dad was worried sick and kept glancing at me. Uncle Jack and Rick didn't visit me. Did they know about the accident? Didn't they care about Ruby?

We got in the car and drove away from the hospital. I stared at myself on the mirror and saw the stitches on my forehead. Ruby's lips gaining color, her dull eyes gaining light, and her hair wildly moving. She looked dead in and out. Then I saw a flash of me. The real me. I blinked confusingly and pulled back from the window. Maybe that's my imagination. I need to eat and sleep.

~~~

Uncle Jack and Rick were drinking beer when we got inside. I didn't say anything and they didn't say anything to me. I walked to the fridge and opened it to see delicious food. I grabbed two cupcakes and ate them slowly. I turned around and Rick's eyes went to Ruby's forehead. He stopped drinking his beer and glared at Ruby's mom and dad.

"What the hell happened?" Rick said.

Ruby's mom flinched and went to me to kiss my forehead. "She got into another accident. A car was coming but AJ tackled her before she could get hit. She hit her on a sharp rock and cut her deeply. She's fine. She may get headaches but she's fine. Right honey?"

I nodded and smiled. "Right!"

For the first time, Ruby's mom smiled. A full smile. Ruby's dad kissed my forehead before going to the living room to watch TV. I went outside with the two cupcakes and sat down on the small steps in front of the house. It was a beautiful day. The sun going down, creating an orange and pink scenario and a light breeze pushing Ruby's hair back.

I turned my head to see AJ walking out of his house with flowers in his hands. He turned his head and a flashed of shocked went through his eyes. AJ started walking towards me. AJ doesn't love you. AJ loves Ruby, only Ruby. AJ sat next to me and put the flowers in front of me. They were mostly roses and some tulips. I grabbed the flowers and gave him a fake smile.

"Thanks," I whispered.

AJ nodded and smiled. "I'm glad you're out. Hospitals are creepy."

"You could say that again. Its like they have a bed for me."

AJ chuckled and pulled his knees close to his chest. "Yeah."

We at in silence, staring at the sky. I sniffled the flowers and almost melt.

"They're...nice?" I asked myself.

AJ raised an eyebrow. "Just nice?"

Crap. I knew saying nice wasn't a good word. It's just weird saying beautiful because I'm a dude. Dudes should say manly things and should be mushy mushy to other guys because that isn't manly. It makes them sound like their...gay. I have no problem with gay people but being a girl and having a guy's mind is probably the hardest thing ever when you have two good looking morons who are in love with you. Or Ruby, actually. So, my bad for trying to be manly.

AJ gave me a weird look when I didn't answer his question.  "Are you okay? It looks like you're trying to battle yourself."

I laughed sarcastically and said, "You have no idea. Sometimes my heart and mind have different opinions. Everyday it's getting harder to choose."

"What do you mean?"

I sighed and took a bite out of my cupcake. AJ dipped a finger in the icing and placed it on my cheek. I laughed and did it to him but on his nose. He smiled and tackled my waist. I shrieked and landed on the grass next to us. I laughed loudly and slammed the cupcake on his face.

"You look silly," I announced and laughed harder.

AJ rolled his eyes and was going to get up when I pulled him back down and he crashed on Ruby's body. I groaned and AJ laughed, his chest rumbling under me. I wiped the icing off his cheek with Ruby's shirt and stared into AJ's eyes. I didn't understand AJ's game. He acted like a douche around other people but with me, he sound happy and didn't give a damn about the world. Hell, he saved me when I wanted to get run over by a car. He loves Ruby so much and Ruby loves him back, I think.

How could tell him I love you if I wasn't sure if I love him back. Every time I look at him, I want to punch his face and tell him he's s prick. But when we hang out like this, I feel a warm feeling in my stomach and butterflies when he touches me. His face got closer to mine and my breathing stopped.

Was I going to kiss AJ? Did I want to kiss AJ? I ran a hand through his messy hair and smiled. AJ closed his eyes. I was going to close my eyes when my phone ring. AJ jumped and snapped his eyes opened. He sucked his teeth and I gave him a sheepish grin.

"Sorry. I gotta take this," I said. I looked at my phone and saw the number and not the name. I furrowed my eyebrows and pressed Answer.

I placed the phone on my ear and unsurely said, "Hello?"

"GIVE ME MY FUCKING BODY BACK, YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT!"