Chapter 9

Uncle Jack wrapped his arms around my waist and squished my face on his chest. I rolled my eyes and tried pulling away from him but this old man has a strong grip! When he finally let me go, he gave me a big smile and planted a sloppy kiss on my forehead.

I rolled my eyes once again and said, "Gross."

He chuckled and moved towards Jose. Jose put his hand out for him to shake but Uncle Jack ignored him and gave the man a huge hug.

"I missed my dorky little brother," Uncle Jack jokingly.

The man rolled his eyes and patted his back. "I'm not dorky, Jackson. At least I didn't have STDs on my mouth everyday."

Uncle Jack and glared at him. "That's taking a little too far, you Jackass."

"Isn't that your name?"

"Okay, you two, in the living room now and no cursing before I tell your mother," the woman said angrily.

Their eyes flashed with fear and they quickly went to the living room. The woman chuckled and put a hand on her hip. "That's works everytime."

She looked at us and I looked at Jose who had a frown on his face. Why is he frowning so much? He should be smiling like the dick he is. The woman hugged Jose and ruffled his hair. I touched my head and felt the soft texture running through my fingers. I hate this hair. I want my short black hair back. The woman let him go and before she could say something, he was out of the door like someone was chasing after him. I rushed after him and saw his feet running away down the block, his clothes flying everything. What the hell was that?

"What the hell was that?" I said loudly. I had two choices. I could run after him and asking him what was his problem or go back inside the house and call him and ask him if he's okay. "Ruby!"

I looked over my shoulder and then back where Jose ran to it. I sighed and took a step back inside the house. "Coming!" I yelled back.

I closed the door and walked into the living room to see Jack, the man, and the woman sitting on the couch watching TV. Jack locked eyes with me and he waved a hand for me to come. I wanted to go upstaris and call Jose but I didn't want these people asking me questions. I walked to the couch and sat between Jack and the man.

"I heard what happened," Uncle Jack informed me.

"Yeah so?" I said dully.

His eyes flashed with shock. "Don't you miss me?"

I don't even know you! I just want to go home!

"Don't you care what happened to you?"

I stared blankly at the TV and thought what he said. Did I? Not many teens in my school gets hit by a car so it must be unexpected for them. But what about me? Did I want to get hit by a car? I frowned. Of course I didn't, it was an accident. This whole thing was an accident. I jumped out of the couch and ran upstaris into the room. I slammed the door behind me and jumped on the bed. I put my face to the pillow and screamed as hard as I could. This shit was confusing! I heard voices behind the door and I rolled my eyes. Why couldn't they leave me alone? I wanted to sulk in my confusion and then act the person I didn't want to be. There was a knock on my door.

"Rubs, can I come inside?" Uncle Jack.

I grunted in a response to come in. I heard the door open and closed softly. Then a weight sinked down on my side and a hand on my back. "Listen, Rubs, I'm sorry I asked you that question. It must be hard knowing that you're not normal but you're normal. More normal than me." He sighed and I heard some movement. "I really wished I didn't give you these pills because I know you don't like them. I don't like them either but they help you. They make you the person you want to be."

The weight lifted and I turned my head, facing the wall. I closed my eyes and started to breath softly. He chuckled quietly and ran a hand through my hair. I snapped my eyes open and let my eyes water. Why did Ruby act like a bitch? She has a loving family, a perfect room, and the most perfect boyfriend she could ever asked? What turned her into a bitch?

"Night sweetie. See you tomorrow morning," he whispered. The hand disappered and I heard footsteps getting distantly. A door opened and closed and then silence. I waited five seconds before lifiting my head up and turning to the purple night stand next to me.

There were two pills that were description pills for Ruby. Depression and Bipolar depression medication. There was a note from the school I go to and it made my eyes widen. Not only was she a bitch, depressed, bipolar, but she was anoerxic? I dropped my head on the pillow and shut my eyes tight. What the hell did I get myself into? I just wanted to sleep.