Chapter 17

The sun shine on my face as I woke up. I blinked rapidly to fix my vision. I got from the bed and stretched my bones and looked around to see an empty body next to me. The door opened and Ruby's brother came in.

"Good your awake. You're going to school today," he said. I raised an eyebrow looked at the alarm clock. It was 6:50 in the morning. Why the hell did I wake up so early if I had school at 8?

I looked back at Rick and said, "Why did I wake up so early?"

Rick eyes turned blank and his lips formed in a straight line. "I don't want to talk about it. Just get ready for school."

He walked out of Ruby's room and shut the door. I laid back down and stared at the ceiling. Why did I have to get ready if school opened at 8? Did it had something to do with Ruby's issues? I didn't know what Rick know but he does know something. And I was going to find out. I got up again and noticed the curtains were opened and a sticky note was on the window.

Morning babe. Sorry I left. I'll meet you at school.

~ Jose

There was something off about this note. One, Jose's hand writing was a little rushed, like he had to go somewhere. Two, he didn't write Love Jose. He usually do that before he gives it to Ruby. Third, why the hell did he leave so early? He could have woke me up and told me. I swear that boy is keeping something. I ripped the note in pieces and put in a random dresser.

AJ's window was slightly opened. He was moving around with a phone between his ear and shoulder. He looked bored whoever he was talking to as he tried to look for something to wear.

~~~

"Does this look fine?" AJ asked. I rolled my eyes and threw the green shirt on the floor. I roughly kissed him; him holding my waist and me wrapping my arms around his neck. AJ pushed me down on his bed and took off his black shirt. He looked at his alarm clock and smirked. "Two more hours is good enough."

~~~

I shivered and closed the curtains. Ruby and AJ having morning sex made me vomit in my mouth. I think I'm going to be sick. I walked into my bathroom, loosing the opportunity to fall back to sleep, and turned on the shower. I stared at the girl in the mirror and saw the same thing. A girl with her black hair, grey eyes, and a few scars on her face that faded away but will stay there forever.

Where the hell could my body be? Why would my parents leave without saying anything to Jose? My family didn't even know Jose but they did know his name. They could at least find him or shit! I groaned and stripped off Ruby's girly clothes and got in the shower.

~~~

I ate silently in front of the people. How would the feel if their daughter wasn't really their daughter? How would they feel if their daughter had a boy's mind? They already know Ruby's loosing it. They could at least leave this place and move somewhere far, far away. Away from Jose and I and leave us in bliss. That would be a miracle. I checked Ruby's phone to see nothng but stupid notifiactions about how they're happy she's coming back to school and they can't wait to party and shit. Being a girl sucks! The man placed the newspaper down, kissed the woman, rufled Rick's hair, and kissed my forehead.

"Alright, see you at 6. Come on Ruby," he said and waved a good bye.

We walked out of the hours and got inside his car. The man drove away, the house becoming smaller and smaller. I almost thought back to how my life would be if I left and never saw the house I once lived. The house my family was horrible. The family that never told me about moving.

I clenched my fist and shut my eyes tight. I wanted to punch the mirror. I wanted to punch the man's face. I wanted to punch my own face. But something stopped me from doing that. Well, more like someone, really. He had big blue eyes like the ocean, brown hair that was sometimes wet from sweat because he did a lot of sports(shockingly), and his bottom lip was always red because he wouldn't stop biting his lips after I told him to stop. 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Jose staring at me with wonder and happiness. My eyes dropped to his lips. Why would I notice his lips? I shouldn't be dreaming or thinking how perfect my best friend is! Perfect? Was he? The window that was between us rolled down and Jose smiled. I couldn't stop my heart from melting. He simply was. Perfect.