Chapter 6

On the side is the song that Oli did. I know, old but yet good and I love Mayday Parade! They're awesome! I hope this chapter is long because I swear to gosh it better be. The next chapter would be with Jose and Oli or Oli and Ruby or Oli and his "parents". You will never know until Friday. Anywho, I have two new ideas and they will mostly be BXB because I don't think straight story be good for them. IF YOU HAVE A REQUEST, PM ME AND I WILL CHECK IT OUT! I NEED MORE FOR MY ONE SHOTS! Thank you and enjpy! :D 

~~~

Chapter 6 ~ S{he} Wears the Fake Smile~

I sat uncomfortable next to Jose who was staring at the woman and the man. The woman had her hands on her hips and the man was rubbing his temples. I sighed deeply, waiting for them to say something because I had others things to do. What could Ruby be doing right now? How are my parents? Do they miss me? Why hasn't Ruby call me and tell me what's going on? Did they cared for me?

"Ruby." I went back to reality and hummed, telling them I'm paying attention.

The woman clapped her hands and smiled widely. "Okay, we have a lot to tell you because this is your first time back at home and I missed you baby."

I nodded and flashed a fake smile. As much they said they missed me, they didn't really missed me. They missed Ruby. "Your brother is coming on Friday and staying here for two days to check on you, Uncle Jack is coming because you know how he is when his baby girl is hurt, and Mrs. and Ms. Aken would be coming here tomorrow to check on you."

Jose groaned and shrank in his seat. I eyed him for a second before nodding towards the woman and getting up.

"Whoa, where do you think you're going?" The man asked.

"I'm going in my room. I'm tired," I said sleepily.

 "Oh no you're not. We need to disc-"

"Of course, Ruby," the woman interrupted. "But we have to talk about this later, okay?"

The woman grabbed my cheeks and kissed my forehead softly. The man did the same and hugged me. It felt like he didn't want me to go. He didn't want me to disappeared or something. I pulled away and looked at his eyes before turning around and walking out of the living room to upstairs. Footsteps were behind me. I opened the door to Ruby's room and plotted down on the bed. This was too much for me. People are coming for me and I don't even know them. Asking Jose was pointless because he'll think something is wrong with me and he'll tell the woman and the man. Jose was standing near the door, looking at me with a blank face.

I frowned and asked, "What's wrong?"

Jose shook his head and sat next to me. He cupped my cheeks and moved my face around, searching for something. I slapped his hands away and glared at him. What the hell is going on with him? I know I'm in Ruby's body but he can't keep touching me. "You're just...different. Did you eat anything?"

I did feel different, Jose. I'm in the wrong body!

"How's you and OlI, have you guys been talking?" I changed the subject. Jose's eyes hardened.

I knew what I was asking but for some reason I wanted to hear Jose's response. "No."

I waited for him to say something more. Did he know something that I didn't? "And? Tell me everything."

"Why do you care so much about Oli? You never did," Jose snapped. One word was running in my mind. Bitch. Bitch. Bitch. Bitch. I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth. I wasn't angry at Ruby for being a bitch. I was angry at Jose for snapping at me and talking behind my back. Bastard.

"I do now because he's your best friend. He will always be," I snapped back. Jose turned cold and he got up, walking towards the door.

I got up too and screamed, "Before he left, he said that he will miss you forever. He told me to tell you that he will always be on your mind because you and him are best friends, and best friends don't leave each other hanging!"

Jose stopped in front of the closed door. Everything I said was true. I did missed my best friend. I missed the Jose who was cocky and happy because he had me. I guessed he was only happy with Ruby but I couldn't give him that. I lowered my eyes to the floor and hiccuped. Don't you fucking cry, Oli. Don't do it in front of him. I covered my face with my hands and hiccuped again.

"Rubs?" Oh God. He had a fucking nickname for her? That made me chocked out a cry and sit on the bed. I felt arms on my waist and then something soft on my cheek. I moved my hands away from my face and looked in my blurry vision to see Jose looking down at me.

"Please call Oli. That's what best friends are for," I said shakily.

Jose nodded and pulled me closer to him. He kissed the top of my head and whispered, "Okay, baby, okay. I'll call him for you and me."

I smiled and pulled out of his grasp to fully hugged him tightly. I put my nose on his neck and my smile widen because I was getting my best friend back. Jose hugged back and rocked us back and forth.

"Do you miss him?" I asked quietly.

Jose stopped rocking us and he pulled away a little. I waited patiently with my chin on his shoulder and looked through my hair to see him thinking hard. While he was thinking. I was thinking on my own. Why did I change my emotions quickly? Was it a girl thing? And why did I wanted to know so much about me and Jose? He should be focusing about his life with me (sort of) and living his life. He shouldn't be with Ruby because he would change him and I don't that to him happen. He's perfect the way he is. Wait...what?

"Yeah," Jose answered. I mentally smiled and did a victory dance. God, I'm acting like a teen girl who found her the perfect shirt and she's squealing all the way home. "Yeah, I do. I miss him a lot."  

I missed you too, Jose, but I'm not gone. I'm here. Should I tell him? Should I mess up his life by saying "Hey! I'm your best friend who didn't leave and you tried to kiss me twice!" Can say someone say awkward? But I should tell him for keeping things behind my back, mess up his head a little and see what happens. Yeah, I should do that. I pulled away and opened my mouth when his phone ringed. He took it out his pocket and song sounded off.

I gasped. "Who gave you that song?"

Jose rolled his eyes and scrolled down. "Oli. He called me in the middle of class and this song came on. I know, I know, I'll change it, babe."

I chuckled at the memory. Jose and I were in the same class and I was bored so I took out my phone only to find out that I had Jose's phone. I changed his ring tones into sappy songs because he didn't like them. When the class ended, I gave him his phone and he didn't check if it was silent or not. We walked to our next class and sat in our seats. 

~~~

I found Jose's phone number quickly and clicked his name. Imminently, his phone went off. Everyone jumped and looked around to see whose phone was it. They moved their eyes to see Jose who was sitting in front of me and I covered my mouth, holding in my laugh. Jose jumped and quickly tried to turn off his phone. The teacher glared at him and screamed, "Turn off the phone Jose and give it to me!"

Jose nodded quickly and tried turning off his phone but the ring tone kept going. Everyone couldn't hold their laughter in for long. We all laughed but I laughed the hardest and loudest. Jose gave the phone to the teacher when it finally shut up and he turned his body around, anger in his eyes.

I smirked innocently and said, "Wasn't me."

"I fucking hate you," he said with gritted teeth.

My smirk widen and I leaned back in my seat. Mission complete. 

~~~

After that day, he did the same thing with me but with Justin Bieber, and he knows I don't like him. Ah, good memories. Jose's ring tone was still playing and that made my smile grew.

"Why haven't you changed it?" I curiously asked.

Jose chuckled and looked at me fully. "Oli can be an idiot, but he does have good taste in music."

His blue eyes shone in the light in the room and it them pop. He was happy. I couldn't tell him. My real smile turned fake. "Yeah."