84- The Discovery

'WANT TO FIGHT BACK? JOIN DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY!' Was the message that appeared on the wall of the great hall the next day. Thus far the teachers had not done what the Carrows and Snape demanded of them and cleaned the other messages, so the wall was getting rather cramped.

Each message shone in a different colour of paint, adding a strange feeling to the Great Hall. Professor McGonagall could be seen visibly smiling as she read the newest message, that shone in a golden paint that Venus had found in a broom cupboard.

"We're going to run out of colours soon." Venus murmured into her cereal bowl so that only Ginny and Neville could hear. Causing them both to snort with laughter.

"We'll have to improvise." Ginny suggested, "perhaps if we mix colours."

They all looked up to the teachers table where Snape, Amycus and Alecto were all staring at the three of them.

"They know it's us." Neville commented, barley moving his lips.

"But they can't prove it." Ginny grinned in triumph.

"We've got another problem." Venus got to her feet and pulled the other two out of the Great Hall, not wanting to be overheard, Luna quickly joined them.

"What's our other problem?" Luna asked.

Venus bit her lip. The problem had been weighing on her for a while and she had no idea what she was supposed to do about it. Of course she had told Luna about her being a Werewolf- there was no way that she could have kept it from her, seen as how much time they spent around each other, so she wasn't worried about anyone being shocked.

"I'm almost out of Wolfsbane." Venus whispered. "I've got enough for this week, but then..." Venus trailed off.

They all looked at her with horror etched on their faces.

"We could ask Slughorn to-" Neville began.

"I've thought of that." Venus hissed, "there's no way he could do it without the Carrows finding out. It takes a long time to brew, and the ingredients in it are so incredibly rare that Snape would be bound to spot what he was brewing and tip off the Carrows."

"Why hasn't Snape already told them?" Ginny frowned, "I mean- he knows, he was there!"

Venus shrugged, "anyway, I'm in Sprout's office this time and then-" she stopped when Alecto rounded a corner, holding a third year boy by the ear.

********

Venus hurried to Sprout's office on the night of the full moon and transformed.

She was just curling up the the corner when the office door opened and there stood Alecto Carrow. Immediately Venus was on her feet, snarling at Alecto. The Wolfsbane allowed her to keep her mind, but it was her own instincts compelling her to attack Alecto rather than anything related to her Werewolf state.

Upon seeing Venus, Alecto's eyes widened in a mix of fear and glee and she quickly shut the door. Venus heard the lock click and she was locked into the room, with no hope of escape and her secret out.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx