114- The Bad Influences

"Merry Christmas!" Venus hugged Molly when the family arrived at the Burrow for the family Christmas gathering.

"Happy Christmas dear," Molly hugged her daughter and then set her eyes upon her grandchildren. "Halley, you look like you've been put on a stretching wrack, are you eating at school?"

"She eats like she's been half starved," laughed Venus, "but she won't stop growing!"

Halley managed to dodge Molly's hug and hurried further into the house, but Neville wasn't so lucky. Molly grabbed him in a bone crushing hug. "Oh Neville dear, you really must visit more, I hardly manage to speak to you when you drop the twins off."

"Yeah," Neville squeaked, rubbing his ribs after Molly released him.

Molly smiled and bustled back off into the kitchen.

********

"The looks on their faces make me nervous," murmured Mali. Mali, Ginny and Venus were sat in the living room.

"To be honest, I think I scared them enough that they won't be playing any pranks on me," Venus grinned, looking over at Halley and James who were murmuring to eachother.

"That doesn't make us feel any safer!" Protested Mali.

"M, you married George, you should be used to pranks, you live in a freaking joke shop!" Ginny laughed.

"Just because I'm married to a prankster, doesn't mean I like them," said Mali.

"What's this about pranksters?" George had appeared behind her, he wrapped his arms around Mali's neck and kissed the top of her curls.

"We're just likening Halley and James to you and Fred," explained Ginny, "you are such bad influences."

"What's this about bad influences?" Fred had just walked into the room, holding hands with Aneglina, their daughter Roxanne and their son Arthur had sprinted through the room and hurtled up the stairs, no doubt to find the rest of the children.

"And here's the other bad influence," laughed Venus.

"Who's talking about me?" Sirius emerged into the room, a wide grin on his face.

"Okay, our kids have a lot of bad influences," said Neville, "but it's not from my side of the family."

********

"Oh Merlin, my godson is graduating Hogwarts," Venus said, the Professors were all stood on the grass as the seventh years were climbing into the boats for their return across the lake, the graduation ceremony.

Neville squeezed Venus's hand and grinned, watching Teddy (who was sporting Hufflepuff yellow hair as a symbol of house pride) climb onto one of the boats, almost tipping it over as he did.

All of the student's parents were always invited to the ceremony. Tonks has shown up, sporting she same shade of yellow hair as her son, which caused Remus to roll his eyes.

"Despite how many times Teddy has impersonated me and tried to teach a lesson, I'm really going to miss him," mused Neville.

Venus laughed, "You've got to admit, it is kind of funny when he does that."

With all of the seventh years now in the boats, they began to move. Hagrid lead the way as the procession grew further and further away from the school.

Teddy had a massive grin on his face and was waving back at the gathered crowd so vigorously that the boat he was in was rocking violently from side to side.

:)
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx