41- The Order Of The Phoenix

"There is work to be done!" Dumbledore declared, "Molly, am I right to think I can count on you and Arthur?"

"Of course you can!" Said Molly Weasley.

"Then we must get a message to Arthur straight away!" Dumbledore replied, "All those who can be persuaded of the truth must be notified immediately, and he is well placed within the ministry to do this."

"I'll go to dad," Bill got to his feet, "I'll go right now." He kissed Venus's head and hurried from the room.

Dumbledore began giving instructions to the teachers and once McGonagall and Madam Pomfry were gone he turned towards Sirius.

"And now it is time for two of our number to recognise eachother for what they really are." Dumbledore said, "Sirius. If you could resume your usual form."

The big black dog turned into Sirius, perched on the edge of Venus's bed.

Molly screamed and leapt back.

"Sirius Black!" She yelled.

"Mum!" Venus gave her mother a pointed look, "it's okay!"

"Him." Snape sneered.

Dumbledore ignored Snape, "now I have work for each of you. Sirius I need you to set off at once. You are to alert Remus Lupin, Arabella Figg, Mundungus Fletcher- the old crowd. Lie low at Lupin's for a while. I will contact you there."

Harry looked like he wanted to protest, but Sirius assured him that he would see him soon. He grasped Harry's arm briefly and gave Venus a hug.

"I am sorry I won't be there tomorrow night." He told her.

"Don't worry," Venus said weakly, "I'll be okay."

Sirius transformed and was quickly gone from the room.

Snape left at almost the same time, after exchanging words with Dumbledore.

"You've got to take the rest of your potion Harry." Mrs Weasley said. Harry did so and fell asleep quickly.

"Miss Black-Weasley," Madam Pomfry approached her once she returned from the errand that Dumbledore had sent her off on, "would you like some sleeping potion?"

"Sure." Venus yawned. "It's not like I'll be getting any sleep tomorrow." 

The Matron bustled away.

Molly still seemed to be in shock after seeing Sirius. She turned to Venus.

"How long have you known where he was?" She demanded.

Venus rubbed the back of her neck, "oh, a few weeks- give or take a few months- okay like a year!"

Molly shook her head and went to reply, but Madam Pomfry returned with the potion and Venus drank it promptly to avoid her mother's questions.

********

The rest of term passed quickly.

The castle was very subdued and in the wake of Cedric's death no one was sure what to think. Dumbledore had announced to the entire school about Voldemort's return, but many people either didn't want to, or wouldn't believe it.

********

The Weasleys returned to the burrow at the beginning of the summer and things seemed to return to normal.

But there was a dark cloud hanging over them.

One day about a week in to the holidays Dumbledore arrived at the house.

He told them that they would be relocating to the Headquarters of The Order Of The Phoenix for the remainder of the summer.

"What's the Order of the Phoenix?" Venus voiced the question on the minds of all of her siblings.

"Never you mind." Molly sniffed. Mrs Weasley hadn't been quite the same since Percy had stormed out of the house and called them all liars.

Nevertheless, the next morning all of the Weasleys were ready to depart. Dumbledore had given them the address so they apperated there (Venus, Ron and Ginny were taken via side along).

Molly nocked loudly on the door, which was pulled open after after moments.

"BLOOD TRAITORS!" A screaming voice filled the street, "STAIN UPON MY FAMILY NAME!"

Venus could see her father wrestling to pull some curtains over a portrait that seemed to be making all of the noise. Eventually they managed it and the screaming ceased.

Sirius grinned at then, "come right through." He gestured towards a door.

They all left their trunks in the hall and made their way to the basement kitchen.

When they were all settled Sirius entered the room. He promptly gave Venus a hug.

"You've all met my mother then." He broke the silence in the room.

"That's your mum!" Ron demanded.

Sirius nodded, "she put a sticking charm on the back of the painting. No matter what we try, it won't come off!"

"Wait." Venus frowned, "is this your parent's house?"

Sirius nodded, "welcome to the noble and most ancient house of Black." The cabinet behind him sneezed loudly.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx