82- The Meaning Of The Word Easy

"I've had an idea," Ginny murmured to Luna and Venus as they left one of their classes, "you know the sword of Gryffindor is in Dumbledore- I mean Snape's office."

"Yeah," Venus said, "where are you going with this?"

"I think we should steal it," Ginny grinned.

"Oh yes!" Luna smiled, "I think that's a wonderful idea."

"What's a wonderful idea?" Neville emerged behind them.

"That we loot Snape's office," Venus said.

"And steal Gryffindor's sword!" Ginny added in a hushed tone as they entered the Great Hall. "Dumbledore left it for Harry in his will, I think Harry must need it for something. If we steal it, then we can find a way to get it to him!"

The four of them took seats around the Gryffindor table and continued to concoct a plan in hushed voices so that no one else could hear.

"But how will we get in?" Asked Luna, "to Professor Snape's office I mean, wound we need a password."

"It can't be too hard to work it out!" Ginny seemed beyond excited at the idea of enacting a heist.

"Oh yes it could!" Luna assured him, "I heard that You-Know-Who gave Snape some Five Winged Dergants!"

"Whatever Five Winged Dergants are, I don't think Snape has any," Venus told Luna kindly, "I think it's just a matter of guessing the password. It's probably a shampoo brand or something."

This caused the other three to stifle laughter, as Amycus Carrow was passing right at that moment.

********

"Um... What else could we try?" Ginny murmured, the group had been outside Snape's office for the past half an hour, trying out all sorts of different passwords to access the office.

"Perhaps we should try talking to it?" Luna asked.

"Beezor?" Venus asked the statue, which remained silent.

"Hello," Luna turned to the gargoyle, "would you please let us through, we just want to-"

"All you had to do was ask," the gargoyle spoke, and jumped aside to let them pass.

"Why didn't we try that earlier?" Venus frowned at the once again motionless gargoyle.

"Because it was bar far the less obvious option," Luna began to make her way up the stairs.

"What if Snape is in there?" Ginny asked, following after Luna.

Neville followed closely after her,neigh Venus brining up the rear.

"No, I saw him going into the grounds murmuring to himself after dinner," said Venus, "it didn't look like he'd back for a while."

"Let's just be quick about this," Neville glanced down the stairs.

They snuck into Snape's deserted office, the silence was punctuated only by the snores coming from the portraits of the headmasters and mistresses.

Venus was slights startled to see a portrait of Albus Dumbledore. It was hung behind the headmaster's desk, and was smiling serenely down at them, his bright blue eyes analysing their every move.

"Can anyone see the sword?" Venus hissed.

"It's not hard to miss," Ginny rolled her eyes and strode across the room to the headmaster's desk. Venus hadn't noticed the large glass case below Dumbledore's portrait.

"So, how are we going to get it out?" Neville frowned, "it looks pretty sealed."

Ginny rapped hard on the top of the case with her elbow, smashing through the glass.

"Well, that works," Neville laughed.

"Let's get out of here," Venus grabbed Neville's arm and they turned towards the door.

"Well, well, well," Snape stood, framed in the door, in all his bat like glory, "I do believe that sword is mine Miss Weasley."

"It's not yours," Ginny glared back at him, with the Weasley fire burning in her eyes, "this sword belongs to Harry!"

"That sword is property of Hogwarts, and therefore of me," Snape said venomously, "so, Miss Weasley, if you would place the sword down on my desk, then I might be merciful with your punishment."

Ginny looked defiant, but Venus cast her mind back to how willingly Alecto Carrow had used the Crutiatus curse on her at the beginning of the year.

"Gin, put the sword down," Venus eyed the venemous look in Snape's eyes. Ginny noted Venus's tense stance and placed the sword down on the table, which made a loud echoing clatter.

********

"Wow, I expected worse than detention with Hagrid," Venus murmured as they hurried back to Gryffindor tower.

"It almost seemed like Snape was going easy on us," Ginny said, "I mean, he knows detention with Hagrid isn't really a punishment."

Neville frowned, "I don't think Snape knows the meaning of 'easy'."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx