The Beginning of the End

Darren's P.O.V

    I had been awake for sometime now, but hadn't gotten of bed. Been a while since I had this. A moment of where I didn't have to worry.  Didn't have to think about anything that could harm my family. No one was in danger, no one gonna harm us. Riley had this bright future ahead of him. I was so deep in thought that I hadn't noticed Raven move. Her cool soft lips pressed against my  arms. I opened my and didn't say one word. I just smiled. We both heard the sounds of Riley watching  sesame street. My husband knew our alone time would have to wait. We both got out of bed and went down the hall to his room. He was  playing with his race cars.  He turned around when he saw us.

"Guess who's birthday is today." I said as he picked Riley up and Raven kissed his cheek. His sweet little giggles made my heart beat faster.

"Cake?" He asked looking at us. A few days ago he asked what a birthday was. I told him, but clearly only the cake part stuck in his mind.

"You can have cake later at the party. Right now you need eat breakfast.

    While  Riley was full of oatmeal and stolen eggs he took off my plate, he decided to watch tv. It was  fun watching him watch tv. The little kid shows on tv didn't hold  his attention.  He would spend most of the time looking at all the channels and stopping on whatever held his attention. For no it looked like "Unwrapped" would be what had his attention for now. He was laying on his back looking at the tv. I got up to see what Raven was doing. I walked in our room and I couldn't have had better timing. She was in the shower. I took my clothes off and shut the bathroom light off.

"Darren, what are you up to?" She called over the water. I didn't say anything just joined her in the shower. I wrapped my arms around her and started kissing her neck. Being careful to listen for Riley.

"You need some hands on attention. "I told her. Her heart was beating so fast.

"Maybe you can give some of that attention" Raven turned and wrapped her  arms around my neck and started kissing me. I lifted her up onto me by wrapping her legs around my waist. I say down on the back of the tub as she slowly moved against my body. As my lips pressed against her chest,  something caught my attention.  I didn't know what that smell was, wasn't sure if it was the soap or not. Raven stopped and pulled herself away. I turned the shower off.

"Something is burning"  I got  out and grabbed my clothes. "Riley?!" The top floor hall was on fire. I could hear Riley breathing but he wasn't answering me. I couldn't get to the stairs. There was another crash and it came from down stairs.

"You go get Riley, I'll try and put this out." Raven said she turned the sink on on the bathroom. She started bending the water to her will and down the hall to the fire. "The house is surrounded.  We need to stay together."  Raven put the fire out enough for us to get down stairs.  I say Riley sleeping on the floor.

"Darren,  get out. Get them out its not safe. They are tearing up the whole neighborhood. " Jasper's voice said to me. I picked Riley up

"Who do you see? Who is there?"  I  asked. Raven kept the fire back as I looked out the windows.  There was houses on our street in flames.

"His cult"  my brother's voice cutting into my thoughts. "They want Riley. Keep them there.  The council is coming" I looked at Raven who was fully dressed.

"You're not gonna go down without a fight are you?" I asked her. I could see in her eyes she was pissed.

"No" She said giving me my sword.

"Good I'm not either."  

"YOU FUCKERS PICKED THE WRONG HOUSE TO SET ON FIRE!" We heard Jamie yell.  I could see her outside with a pack of wolves. I could hear Jasper came in the back door.