Chapter Sixteen

Six Months Later...

A nearly full stomach enveloped my abdomen now. The beautiful May sun cascaded over me as I stood outside in the balcony of Ferruccio's home he gave me. I looked down at my belly and gently held my hand against it. Nearly every time I did this, I felt the small kick of the baby inside of me. It wasn't much, but it was enough for me to smile every time it happened. I smiled so much now that I hardly remember what it was like to cry out of sadness. I hadn't cried since I first left Gabriel.

I had not seen him or Michael since then either. I always wondered what they were doing up there, if they were looking at me right now, or if they were helping a good soul travel into paradise. I looked up to the sky and smiled at it. I brought my hand up and waved to the white clouds, hoping that either one of them would see me. I put my hand down and walked to the car, getting in and starting it up. I would be on my way to my ultrasound starting in forty-five minutes. I was glad to say that I was finally at peace with all that happened. I had accepted that Gabriel would no longer be with me, and that I will probably never marry someone else because of him. But it was all okay, because I had my baby. With my baby I would be content with life, and it was all the wonderful I needed to be just that.

When I arrived at the doctor's office, the nurse directed me to the ultrasound room. I sat myself down on the little table they had and I waited for the technician to come in. When he walked in, he greeted me with a kind hello and a smile. I smiled back and watched him approach the computers.

"How's the pregnancy treating you? All good, nothing out of the ordinary?" He asked. I shook my head and told him everything was fine. He nodded and typed in some things as he took the little remote that would picture my baby. He placed the blue goo on my belly, and I flinched at the sight chill it gave off. He rubbed the remote over my stomach. He rolled it around for a few seconds before he let out a gasp and smiled.

"What?" I asked happily. He looked at me and put the remote down.

"The baby is fine, in fact, there are two heartbeats. You're having twins, Miss Fiorenzo," the doctor said. I widened my eyes. Two children, instead of one. Was that even possible with an angel? It must be, because I have two babies in my womb. I couldn't deny how happy that made me feel, so much that I let out a rejoicing laugh and started to cry tears of happiness. Those were the only tears that ever came from me now, there was never sadness with me at all anymore. There were moments where I missed Gabriel terribly, but it was never sadness. Not anymore. I had nothing to be sad about any longer. All the darkness was finished now, and I welcomed the light.

--------------

Michael watched Auralia leave out of the doctor's office through the Globe Vigile. He nodded and let out a small grin before he walked out of the Area dell'occhio. He turned to his brother's quarters where Gabriel sat, reading a book. His brother stood from his chair when he noticed Michael walk in, and asked him what was needed. Michael told him to follow him, and Gabriel did so. When they entered the Area dell'occhio, Gabriel looked at his brother with an addled expression.

"Come, and see her," Michael demanded. Gabriel quieted down and slowly walked to the Globe Vigile. He saw Auralia sitting in her car, laughing while she spoke on the phone with someone. She spoke to that person happily, and Gabriel wondered what was being said that was so amazing.

"She's on the phone with her sister. She is announcing that she is having twins," Michael said. Gabriel's head turned to his brother and a look of sentimental awe stretched across his face. Michael gave a small smile when he saw his brother look so flabbergasted. Gabriel turned back to the Globe Vigile and saw Auralia leave the vehicle and show him her big, pregnant belly. He let his hand touch the glass of the globe as he saw his unborn children grow inside of their beautiful mother. There were two of them in there, he had two children instead of one. It made him more overjoyed and heartbroken at the same time. Overjoyed because he had two babies on the way, heartbroken because he would never get to meet them in person.