Chapter Ten

"Do you want to dance?"

Did he just ask me to dance? Why did it seem so odd to me that he would ask me that? I stood up from the bed and walked over to him. We were both silent at the moment. I walked right past him and to my iPod adaptor. I looked on my iPod and found a song to play. Shades of Cool, by Lana Del Rey. He took both my hands and spun me around before he took my waist with one hand and held my hand with the other.

"One of the things I loved doing the last time I was on Mondo Umano, was to dance. I wasn't very good at it, I will admit, but I had fun doing it. I thought since you liked music so much that I would dance with you. I just wish I had the chance to do it earlier than this," he explained. I shook my head and tried not to smile. I kept dancing with him as we spoke, he swayed me around the room and twirled me around every once in a while.

"I'm just glad we're doing it now. I love dancing," I said. He twirled me around quickly and unexpectedly, causing me to laugh. He chuckled as well as he swung me around the room. The dancing was slow, and hardly timed, but I still had lots of fun when we moved around like this. The fact that the lights were off and the only light we had was from the table lamp on the bedside table just added to the rhapsodic and alluring feeling I had when I danced with Gabriel. For this instance, I forgot that he was an angel, and that I was just dancing with a man that I was terribly fond of. When he held me in his arms, swaying me as my back leaned against his torso as we danced, I let my head sink down into his strong arm. Here was another beautiful moment I could add to the list of things I did with Gabriel. When the music became slightly faster, he dipped me down and I gasped with a smile on my face. Then he lifted me up and spun me around, I could see over his head as we spun fast around the room. I could hear his laughter. But it all stopped when I slid down his body to get down and looked at him the entire time until I reached the ground.

There was no speech. There was no need for us to talk right now. It was just us. I regretted freaking out like that while he was gone, but at least he was here with me, now. That was all that mattered. I couldn't believe I was letting myself think like this. It would never be possible for me to have a relaxing and prosperous life with Gabriel. It was impossible. Angels and humans don't usually have a married and suburban life with a couple kids and a dog, that wasn't how it worked. After these two weeks, Gabriel would be gone for a long time, it might even be forever. It was like a bullet to the back whenever I thought of it. I wanted to have him forever, to have that nearly boring, generic, suburban family life with me. Except it wouldn't be boring, it would be a human and an angel with each other happily. But we all know that is definitely too good to be true. There is no doubt about it. But I didn't want to settle for someone else after he left. I knew I would never be fully happy unless Gabriel was there with me. No man on this earth could ever be a match for Gabriel. Gabriel was my angel.

"Is that really how you feel?" Gabriel asked. I widened my eyes. I forgot about my mind. Five seconds you forget and it all comes crashing down to show you how stupid you are at times. But maybe I wasn't stupid. Maybe it was best that Gabriel got that message. I turned my head to look at him as we lay down on my bed. Our eyes watched each other for a moment before anything was said. Until I spoke that one word and everything changed even more drastically:

"Yes."

He turned to the side and slowly placed his soft hand on my cheek gently. I did not move from where I was on my side. Ever so slowly, he brought his lips to mine and kissed me passionately. I felt the hairs on my arm and the back of my neck stand up as I could literally feel static electricity running through me. Is that what happened when you kissed an angel? It was actually a thrilling and lovely feeling to feel. It was so different from a human kiss and it almost felt better. When I placed my hand on his neck and deepened the kiss, it only became better than before. I had only kissed someone else once in my life and it was nearly two years ago. It was a fine enough kiss, but Gabriel's was like no other's. His kiss was so hard to perfectly define, all I could say was that it was resplendent and explosive.